Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Windows 10 Intel HD graphic 4000 Screen Flickering Non-Stop

WWill5
Beginner

Hello, Recently I installed updates from windows

After the restart, my screen starts to flicker non stop

My laptop is Asus K45VM, with intel HD graphic 4000 and nvidia GT630M with windows 10 pro 64bit and i7 3610QM

What I have done to fix my problem were:

1. Updated both my Nvidia (version: 376.19) and Intel driver (version: 153343.4425)

none worked

2. I increase my brightness to max, somehow the flicker stops. But, if I have lower it down it will flicker again

Is this somehow related to refresh rate? If yes, I cant find the option both in intel and nvidia control panel

Some help please
0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello WilliamKho,

Try running Windows Updates to have your systems up-to-date, then try uninstalling the Intel® HD Graphics with this method;

1. Open the Device Manager using the steps provided for your operating system:
  2. Expand the Display Adapters section.
  3. Find the Intel Graphics Driver. The driver can also be called the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver (Intel® GMA Driver).
  4. Right click Intel Graphics Driver and select Uninstall.
  5. Select the check box Delete the driver software for this device.
  6. Reboot the computer after uninstall process has finished.
  7. Install the driver .4425 one more time, https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25977/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-33-?product=81499 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.33] using this method http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 and Windows...

If you go to the Intel® HD Graphics Control Panel then Display, you should see the refresh rate.

Let me know how that goes.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/109063 WilliamKho, were you able to follow the suggestion mentioned? Does the issue persist?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
WWill5
Beginner

The problem was fixed when I installed the latest windows update

Thank you for the assistance

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

That is really good to hear!

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos