Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Speckle noise in ZR300

JJaco8
Beginner

(reposted from https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/realsense/topic/703583 Speckle noise in color stream )

Hi all,

I've got a zr300 camera, and I'm seeing a weird phenomenon where I'm getting green speckles in the color images when there's something dark in an affected part of the field. Here's an example where the entire field is dark. You can see a diamond of speckles in the center, and scattered speckles out in the corners; averaging over many frames suggests a speckle distribution of that central diamond, followed by an annulus where there are no speckles, followed by more annuli that alternate speckles/ no speckles. The speckles are most prominent in the green channel, are also present in the red channel (mostly at different pixels), but are absent in the blue channel.

A co-worker who also has a zr300 reports similar behavior with his camera.

We've seen this on both linux (ubuntu 16.04) and windows, using both the SDK directly and the demo apps that came bundled.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KMort2
Beginner

I've been seeing the same in low-light conditions too with my SR300 camera

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi kesinger,

Thank you for contacting us, let us try to help you. We would like to have some more information about your issue in order to assist you.
  • Could you please let us know where you get the camera?
  • In Windows, which SDK version are you using?
  • Do you have any code that you could share with us so we can test it?
  • Which App from the bundle are you using? We would like to test it with our cameras.
  • Could you please provide the specifications of your computer?
We'll be waiting for your reply.

Kind regards,

-Pablo
0 Kudos
JJaco8
Beginner

Hi Pablo,

I got the camera from my company, I'm in the process of going up the chain of custody to find out where it came from before I had it.

SDK version is 10.0.26.396 on windows.

I'm using the "Raw Streams" viewer in the sdk sample browser, showing the "RGB" stream with yuv2 640x480x30 color and "live" mode. Source code is whatever came pre-compiled in the SDK.

Computer is windows 10 (version 1607 build 14393.576), i7-6700k.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi kesinger,

We want to let you know that we're still investigating this case. As soon as we have updates we will let you know.

Regards,

-Pablo
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Kesinger,

Did you check our private message? Last week we sent you a PM with some more information, and we would like to know if you received it.

Regards,

-Pablo
0 Kudos