Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20599 Discussions

HDMI (audio) problem on Acer Aspire E5-571.

idata
Employee

I've just started needing (again) to connect my Acer to my Samsung TV via the HDMI socket. There's no audio being delivered to the TV. I think the problem is tied up with the following:

The last time I needed this facility was when my OS was W8.1 and I remember the audio driver was Intel (R) Display Audio 6.16.0.3174. I'm now using W10 and my display adapter is using Intel (R) HD Graphics Famly 10.18.14.4282 which I think incorporates Display Audio 6.16.0.3174. My Sound Controllers under W10 include Windows High Definition Audio Service which I think is suppressing/overriding Intel Display Audio.

Is this a correct diagnosis and, if so, can anyone suggest a solution? (The Windows HD Audio Service reinstalls itself automatically whenever I uninsall it).

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Coincidentially i have the same laptop (but a different TV).

I'm using default audio drivers coming with W10.

Probably you need to set standard device in sound control panel manually.

I add a screenshot for reference.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for this Stefan. It seems in Germany you are very lucky.. I've attached my equivalent screenshot. You'll see that your Audio-, Video- und Gamecontroller entry shows Intel (R) Display Audio and Realtek High Definition Audio. Mine contains (Microsoft) High Definition Audio Device and Realtek High Definition Audio. And that is what believe my problem is. The (MS) HD Audio Device prevents the Intel Display Audio driver from running and prevents my TV from appearing as a device for audio playback. It's the same for other TVs that I've tested - Panasonic and LG.

What Display adapters are shown in your Device Manager? (You'll see mine shows Intel (R) Graphics Family.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Problem Solved. On several previous occasions I had tried reinstalling Intel (R) HD Graphics Famly 15.40.3.4248 without it solving the problem.

This time I (re)installed the Intel Chipset Driver 10.1.1.7 first and then reinstalled Intel (R) HD Graphics Famly 15.40.3.4248 and ...... bingo ...... the Microsoft HD Audio Device had disappeared and my TV showed up as a device for audio playback with sound on the HDMI connection.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello im2020,

I would like to know if the information provided to you was able to solve your concern?

In case if you need further assistance do not hesitate to reply back.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Angie.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Stefan3D's reply didn't solve my problem but it prompted me to try a few different things as a result of which I stumbled upon the solution described above.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello im2020,

I am really glad to know that you were able to solve your concern.

I will keep this thread handy for a future answer.

Best regards,

Angie
0 Kudos