Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

hd control panel issue , getting frame drops please help!!!!

idata
Employee

intel hd graphics control panel wont let me switch off of balanced mode in the power section. getting frame drops please help........

ive tried reinstalling my intel drivers to no avail and I have also set the windows power plan to high performance.but that same option isnt available in my control panel ----> http://imgur.com/gallery/KDrTX th - Album on Imgur . My system is an msi gs60 970m laptop.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

I would like to have additional details about your system configuration. Please run the following utility and attach the report.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/siu.html Intel® System Identification Utility

Allan.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

file:///C:/Users/Matt/Downloads/siu_report_0373%201389.htm

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

In order to attach files, make sure you select the "Advanced Editor" option in the top right of your reply window. You will then be presented with an attach file dialogue at the bottom of the reply.

Allan.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the report. I appreciate it.

As per the report, the current graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M, this means that this graphics card is taking all the graphics functions on your computer and that is why you cannot change power plans.

You can use Windows power settings to make changes on your power plans

Follow the steps:

1. Right click on the start button and select Control Panel.

2. Next select Power option (search in the search bar option if unable to found).

3. Click on the Power saver and then select Change Plan Settings.

4. Make the changes according to you and save it.

Allan.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Did you follow previous recommendations?

Allan.
0 Kudos