Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Graphics drivers help

idata
Employee

Hi, I have drivers that are almost a year old and I need to update them. I've tried updating them to a recent driver but it wouldn't let me load the game I play, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Why do you need to update them? Is something not working properly? Have you upgraded to Windows 10 and are having a problem?

Specify what cpu model number you have and what graphics you have, as well as your operating system.

Doc

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I need to update them because 1. my last driver update that i was able to upgrade to was january of 2016.2. The game I play's client crashes due to the problem with the graphics drivers and it tells me that it needs to update to run the game properly. I upgraded to a driver posted on october of 2016 but when i install that driver and restart my PC and reload the game, it tells me that theres something wrong with the driver. I open my DirectX Dialog for it to tell me that my driver is unknown and there is a code 53 etc with it.I got that driver from a beta link sent to me by one of your technicians in October and it worked back then. I used the same link a month later after factory resetting my PC for it to tell me the client can't run due to an error in the driver. My OS is windows 10, my graphics specs are. igdumdim64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igd10 version 10.18.15.4256 Driver Model:WDDM 2.0 followed by Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

If you find issues installing the latest graphics drivers. You could install the graphics drivers manually.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 and Windows 8*/8.1*

Allan.
0 Kudos