Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Intel Realsense SR300 Windows Drivers

JDebo
Novice

Hi,

Does anyone else have an issue with Windows trying to download a driver online, rather than using the driver included with DCM? If I am connected to the interent, and connect a new camera, or a camera to a different USB port, it doesn't install properly sometimes, and is not detected by the SDK. If the PC is kept offline, however, it seems to work just fine.

Any solutions?

Win 10 64bit

6th gen i7

SR300

Thanks

0 Kudos
12 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello James,

Thank you for interest in the Intel® RealSense™ Technology.

In order to help you solve your issue, I'll like to know if you are using an USB 3.0 port to connect your camera. Keep in mind that the use of any type of USB hub is not supported.

If you think there is any additional information that might help us find a solution to your issue, please share it with us in your reply.

Regards,

Andres
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello James,

I was wondering if you had the chance to check if you are using USB 3.0 ports to connect your camera.

Also, if you'll like further assistance don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Andres
0 Kudos
JDebo
Novice

Yes, USB 3 ports built directly into motherboard. The issues seems to be Windows selecting the wrong driver for cameras if it searches online.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello james01,

Thank you for the information provided.

In that case, there is some troubleshooting we can try. Uninstall the DCM (Depth Camera Manager) through Program and Features (Control Panel >> Programs >> Programs and Features), then reinstall de DSM ( https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25044/Intel-RealSense-Depth-Camera-Manager) with the camera plugged.

If the previous process doesn't solve the issue, please collect all the installation logs (from the DCM installation) from these directories and send them to us, they could provide additional information that may help us solve the issue:

• %temp%\micl_tmp_%username%

• %windir%\Temp\micl_tmp_SYSTEM

• %windir%\INF\setupapi.*

%temp% is typically, "C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp."

%windir% is typically "C:\Windows".

Regards,

Andres
0 Kudos
JStew10
Beginner

I have a similar problem. My primary computer motherboard tanked. I tried to install the SR300 on an older Dell computer with an I7 processor. There is no motherboard USB 3.0 port but the computer did come with a pcie adapter which supplies a port to the front panel and one on the back. I even tried a second new pcie adapter and had the same problem. The computer sees the camera but only provides 2 entries in device manager. SR300 Depth and SR300 RGB. The SR300 Virtual entry is missing. Trying to update drives fails with error message. Camera works on my laptop and my wife's computer. Lenovo with i5 and Gigabyte with AMD cpu.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello james01,

I was wondering if you had the chance to check the suggestion provided.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to contact us through this community.

Regards,

Andres
0 Kudos
JDebo
Novice

I did try uninstalling and reinstalling the DCM, but that was not successful. Fortunately I had created a disk image, which I reverted to. Then made sure the internet was disconnected before connecting the cameras. Then the internet is OK to be connected, only once the cameras are successfully installed. So the machine is in a working state, thanks to the internet disconnection work-around I have mentioned.

For anyone interested, I am using 3 SR300 simutaneously on one PC.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello james01,

I'm glad you could solve your issue. Thank you very much for sharing your experience with the community, we really appreciate it.

Regards,

Andres
0 Kudos
JDebo
Novice

They are proving to be quite unstable. After the end of year break, the system was turned on again and the cameras are not working immediately. Once again, the common issue where the RGB and depth cameras are visible in device manager, but not the virtual drivers...

Will there be an update to DCM or camera firmware to stabilise these issues?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello james01,

I'm sorry to inform you that there is not an estimate time for arrival for the next DCM update or the camera firmware update.

Regards,

Andres
0 Kudos
JDebo
Novice

The solution this time was to disconnect the internet, and uninstall the driver for one camera (listed under USB devices). This prompted re-installation of all three cameras, which are now working.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello james01,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with the community, we really appreciate it.

Regards,

Andres
0 Kudos