Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Intel RealSense R200 Not Detected After Fresh Windows 10 Install

JJere3
Novice

Yesterday I did a fresh install of Windows 10 x64 Build 1607 and updated to the recent Insider Build 14986 before installing anything else on the PC. I did this because I had updated from 1511 to 1607 and several Insider Builds thereafter including Build 14986, I felt I needed a fresh start again. My RealSense camera and Windows Hello worked flawlessly through all this. Now, when I try to install the drivers and SDK for it on this fresh install I get the error saying the Camera isn't detected. I haven't moved the USB connector since I first set it up over a year ago. The last time I used Windows Hello to log in was on the 9th, so basically 2 days ago now.

Any idea's on why it's started this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JJere3
Novice

I solved the issue by reinstalling Windows 10 x64 1607 (Anniversary Release) without the Intel RealSense Camera connected to the PC. After Windows was installed I plugged the camera in and let Windows Install the Drivers, but I also had to download and install the AMD Radeon Driver package from AMD because they include a chipset driver(as well as a USB 3.0 Driver) in the 499 MB Download that is required for the Camera to be detected. Windows simply downloads the Express installer which doesn't include the chipset driver. Now everything is working fine again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JJere3
Novice

Also note,

Device Manager Shows that the F200 is installed;

The Microsoft Camera App works fine, but Windows Hello isn't available and installing the Intel SDK fails.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Sodacycle,

Thanks for your interest in the Intel Realsense Platform.

I'm sorry to hear that your camera is not working now. I will investigate why the Windows Hello feature is not available after the newest Windows update.

In the meantime have you try updating your drivers? If this doesn't work, plug in the camera to a powered USB 3.0 port and wait several minutes while monitoring Device Manager, until Windows Update starts and installs the drivers. If this doesn't work then can you reinstall the chipset drivers (which should include USB drivers).

I will be waiting for your reply, have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose.
0 Kudos
JJere3
Novice

Jose,

Thanks for the suggestion, however it didn't work.

I downloaded the most recent USB3.0 Drivers for my Motherboard from Gigabyte http://http//www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4602&dl=1# driver here. There wasn't a chipset driver for Windows 10 x64, the most recent chipset driver was for Windows 7 x64. It doesn't seem to matter which USB3 port I connect to on the Motherboard, device manager simply shows it like in the previous screenshot.

Windows Hello worked fine before I did a fresh install, I was running Build 14986 previously and there were no issues. I had simply reinstalled Windows 10 1607 from an ISO and re-updated to the latest Insider Build only to now have issues.

0 Kudos
JJere3
Novice

I solved the issue by reinstalling Windows 10 x64 1607 (Anniversary Release) without the Intel RealSense Camera connected to the PC. After Windows was installed I plugged the camera in and let Windows Install the Drivers, but I also had to download and install the AMD Radeon Driver package from AMD because they include a chipset driver(as well as a USB 3.0 Driver) in the 499 MB Download that is required for the Camera to be detected. Windows simply downloads the Express installer which doesn't include the chipset driver. Now everything is working fine again.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Sodacycle,

I'm glad to hear that fix your issue! Also thanks for sharing your results, since it may benefit other users.

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose.
0 Kudos