Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

WinXP Problem: IGFXEXT.EXE and IGFXSRVC.EXE Running Twice

idata
Employee

Recently, my mouse will change to hourglass every second or so and back again after I've resumed my laptop from standby. It is a Fujitsu T-4220 laptop running Intel G965 graphics. It is possible this started after a recent Windows Update. If I open Task Manager and quit one instance of IGFXEXT.EXE, the behavior stops. Is it normal to have both IGFXEXT.EXE and IGFXSRVC.EXE running twice; as both SYSTEM and USER? If not, how can I correct this? Thanks.

4 Replies
idata
Employee

Can someone help me out by taking a look at your Windows Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc), go to "Processes" tab, sort on "Image Name" and post back whether these processes -- IGFXEXT.EXE and IGFXSRVC.EXE -- are running more than once? Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

I would think that you should probably only have one of each running, thats what i have. But at the same time different hardware and software.....

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Still looking for a solution to this problem. If you can tell me where in the registry these two files are called for loading into memory that would help. I need to stop IGFXEXT.EXE and IGFXSRVC.EXE from loading under the SYSTEM account. Thanks.

idata
Employee

Problem: igfxext.exe for Windows XP

Danke

0 Kudos