Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro wifi not working after driver update

ppogg
Novice

Hello,

on Windows 10, I clicked on "update the drivers" in the "device manager", and the wifi card missing in the "network and sharing center > change the settings of the card".

But in the "device manager", it is noted that the wireless card working properly.

Still, whenever I uninstall the driver, install the files from lenovo and click "Detect new device" my system pulls the drivers as listed above and is incapable of connecting to any WiFi.

I install a live Ubuntu in a USB key, and the wifi work properly.

Please help.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello pol2095,

As we understand, your wireless connection is not working after you attempted to update the driver in device manager. Please review review the following information about this matter:

- When you attempt to "Update the drivers" from device manager, it will try to locate and install drivers from Microsoft's database (in-box drivers). It is always recommended to use the drivers from the Computer manufacturer, or from Intel.

You can try doing a clean install of the drivers following these steps:

1. Obtain the WiFi drivers from the http://www.intel.com/support/oems.htm Computer Manufacturer Support. As second option use the ones available at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ Intel® Download Center

2. Go to Control Panel - Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".

3. In Control Panel - Device Manager - Network Adapters, right click on the Intel wireless adapter and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager again and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

5. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, you can customize the installation and install all driver components.
ppogg
Novice

i repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, but in the Control Panel - Device Manager - Network Adapter I have always the button to uninstall the driver.

ppogg
Novice

I explain the problem, I uninstall, reinstall the driver, restart the pc but it doesn't work

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello pol2095,

We checked about this and have been informed that some Antivirus programs may cause this behavior. Please try the following:

- Uninstall the Antivirus software, then reboot the PC and check if the issue is solved.

0 Kudos
ppogg
Novice

Thanks, I uninstall kaspersky and the wifi work !

0 Kudos