Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20739 Discussions

Reversed brightness on Windows 10 Home (HP 250 G3 with Intel N3540)

AClai
Beginner
Hello

I have a problem with reversed brightness on my HP 250 G3 with Intel N3540 running Windows 10 x64 Home. The hardware brightness buttons as well as the system's one are reversed. Only after restart everything goes back to normal but only till the next shut down and start of the machine.

Driver installed through Intel Driver Update Utility is signed 10.18.10.4276 but it doesn't work, as well as the one that can be found on HP's site which is signed as 4252. The only one working properly in terms of brightness is the old one 3408. The newer one 3431 won't even install, it says that the system isn't compatible (although this drivers is newer that the one running right now).

What about the fixing the the latest driver so it would work properly, hmm?

None of these drivers can be found on Intel's site and Intel Driver Update Utility can't even fit right into the screen. There is also no Intel's official graphics identifier and the system always gives only the common label "Intel HD Graphics". Even asking question on this forum has been complicated to a maximum. I didn't know if I'm asking question or writing a topic to a discussion. And I thought HP's web page is messy, but Intel beats it all! These are really big hiccups.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
rsing21
Beginner

Same processor and problem here, apparently the graphic card is modified intel hd 2500 though.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thank you for your feedback, please bear in mind that Intel recommends installing customized drivers from the computer manufacturer since their drivers will have all proper feature to work with your computer model.

At the moment, the latest video drivers for your processor model is version 4276

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25313/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-3rd-Gen-BYT- Download Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows® 7*, 8.1*, 10 (3rd Gen & BYT)

Allan.

0 Kudos
rsing21
Beginner

Installed the driver in link, didn't solve the problem perfectly. Every time I shut my computer down and start it. the problem reappears, needs a restart every time to fix. But can't see the advantage of less boot time if I have to restart whenever I switch it on. Oh, and the restart fix was working even before installing the driver you linked. Same was the problem in 8.1 single language(not my pre-installed). My laptop was pre-installed with win 8.1 single language with bing. Tried installing about 5-7 win 10 drivers from hp and intel website, none solved the problem completely. I don't have recovery on me now. Is their no other way to fix this except to use recovery?

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

You will need to wait for new drivers to be released from Intel or your computer manufacturer's web site. Since our drivers are generic, they may or may not work for your computer model.

Allan.

0 Kudos
rsing21
Beginner

this beta link

it says it's for few intel pentium processors too, does it include n3540?

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

No, it does not. This is the link for the latest video drivers for your processor (Baytrial)

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25313/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-3rd-Gen-BYT- Download Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows® 7*, 8.1*, 10 (3rd Gen & BYT)

Allan.

0 Kudos