Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Why does my screen freeze in high performance mode

BWiel
Beginner

Recently I bought a new Clevo N850HK1 notebook. It has a 7300HQ Intel CPU and uses Intel integraded 630 HD Graphics. Everything works fine, but the PC freezes when I select 'Maximum Performance' as the Graphics Power Plan. After the PC freezes the only thing I can do is restart the computer by holding the power button. When I select 'Balanced Mode' it never freezes. I tested the memory and it works just fine according to all tests I did. Also the SSD can't be the problem as I tried Windows 10 on both SSD and HDD and the result doesn't matter. My assumption is that it has something to do with the iGPU which is built in the CPU. Ussualy this wouldn't matter all that much to me, but when I install a Linux distribution this occurs too, but then I don't know how to switch the powerplan. I tried installing all kinds of driver versions, but this doesn't fix the problem either. Should I go back to the store to get it (I assume my CPU) fixed? Or does anybody know what this problem actually means?

Picture of different Graphics Power Plans

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello TempusTime,

Thank you for contacting Intel Communities.

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your laptop.

Since you have tested different graphics drivers and, drives and operating systems, I would recommend contacting the http://www.clevo.com.tw/clevo_down.asp?lang=en system manufacturer for support as your assumption regarding the iGPU could be correct.

Best Regards,

Juan V.
idata
Employee

Hi TempusTime,

I was reviewing this thread and I wanted to know if you were able to resolve the issue or if you contacted the Clevo?

Regards,

Juan V.
0 Kudos
BWiel
Beginner

Hi Jaun,

I looked into contacting Clevo but as far as I can see they don't have support in The Netherlands. This issue has not been resolved yet and I'm thinking of returning the device to the company I bought this device from. The only thing that can be wrong as far as I'm concerned is a faulty iGPU, and I shall see if the company I bought the device from can replace the CPU. I hope this will solve my issue.

Regards,

Bert Jan

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi TempusTime,

Thank you for the information. Please don't hesitate in contacting us back if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Juan V.
0 Kudos