Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14539 Discussions

i7-4790k running 240MHz @ 92C

RWn
Beginner

Hi everyone,

I received a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD today. Before the crash, my CPU fans were running at full speed and the whole system halted. When I rebooted my computer, the fans were immediately running at full speed and shut down automatically in about a minute. Then I entered the BIOS and discovered that the cores were running idle @ 240MHz at 92 degrees Celsius as you can see in the picture.

I have thought of every solution and have been diagnosing it the whole day. I reapplied thermal paste just two months ago and the CPU is watercooled so there is no way the problem comes from the cooling since the whole situation just sort of happened earlier today. Also, I was not or have not ever overclocked the chip. I have a B85 chipset mobo which would not even allow me o.c.ing the chip.

At this point, I am suspecting that my CPU has died.

I would appreciate any help you guys might have offered.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello RyocoWn,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

What is the memory part number that you have installed on your system and the exact motherboard model?

Have you tried to set your BIOS to default settings, I'm asking because if you can still access the BIOS your processor should be ok.

Have you tested your RAMs one at a time?

Is it possible for you to do a clear CMOS on this system?

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Ivan U.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ,

I'm following on this post to ask you if your issue has been resolved or if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Ivan U.
0 Kudos