Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

write performance of NVMe PCIe 750 SSD 400G using fio under Linux

jkwon2
New Contributor

I want IOPS result using fio.

I read the

/message/313153# 313153 Anyone measured the performance of NVMe PCIe 750 SSD using fio under Linux?

so I edit fio parameter

fio write parameter 

[global]

name=fioTestNVME

filename=/dev/nvme0n1

ioengine=libaio

direct=1

bs=4k

randrepeat=0

rw=randwrite

iodepth=32

numjobs=4

norandommap

group_reporting

[write]

runtime=600

my using command is ' fio "parameter.fio" --output fsfio220w '

I expect result in https://www.intel.co.kr/content/www/kr/ko/products/memory-storage/solid-state-drives/gaming-enthusia... 인텔® SSD 750 시리즈(400GB, 1/2 높이 PCIe 3.0, 20nm, MLC)

'read' result is good but 'write' result fall short of one´s expectations

'write' result in file

what's the matter?

Is the parameter wrong?

please answer me this result's cause or right parameters

9 REPLIES 9

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello KJY,

We understand you would like to check the performance of your Intel® SSD 750 series using FIO. We would like you to please let us know if the SSD has the latest firmware installed already (8EV101H0).If the firmware is not the latest one, please download the ISO https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26491/Intel-SSD-Firmware-Update-Tool file here.Also, please keep in mind that the SSD needs to be pre-conditioned, the performance of an SSD is at its best when the SSD is new (out-of-the-box). As the SSD fills with data, performance will degrade.Performance degradation varies based on the workload applied to the drive. Because performance measurements vary depending on the state of the drive, performing benchmark testing on an SSD that is in an out-of box state is recommended. This can be done by erasing the drive.The example we have for you is:[Flush]filename=/dev/nvmeOn1ioengine=libaioiodepth=16rw=randrwrwmixread=100bs=4knumjobs=1direct=1norandommaprate=16mtime_based=1runtime=600Could you please also provide the Linux* version and kernel you are using?We'll be waiting for your response.Regards,Nestor C

jkwon2
New Contributor

Thank you for your answer

Linux Version : CentOS release 6.8

Kernel Version : Linux version 2.6.32-642.el6.x86_64 (mailto:mockbuild@worker1.bsys.centos.org mockbuild@worker1.bsys.centos.org) (gcc version 4.4.7 20120313 (Red Hat 4.4.7-17) (GCC) ) # 1 SMP Tue May 10 17:27:01 UTC 2016

Firmware Version : 8EV101H0

and I want parameters of 'randwrite'

Regards,

KJY

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi KJY,

Thanks for your response.We are going to check with our proper team about this and we will keep you posted here, as soon as we receive a response.Regards,Nestor C

jkwon2
New Contributor

Hi Nestor C

Thanks for your kindness response.

I can wait for your answer

Reagards,KJY