Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20626 Discussions

Game wont change resolution. 1 Option only

SLuna
Novice

Specs:

i3-7100U 2.4Ghz

8gb 2133Mhz ram

Intel hd 620 21.20.16.4678 (1920x1080p60hz)

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

I can't seem to change resolution in some games. It only shows 1 option which is 1920x1080. I can't play with 1080p because it lags a lot. I want to play atleast 720p. Older versions(below 4534) fixes the issue but it reduces performance since it is an outdated driver.

Screenshots:

Unturned

Cities:Skyline

Help. Please. Thank you.

Edit: I can now change resolution by using an hdmi monitor.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SLuna
Novice

I just used another monitor and it fixed it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
SLuna
Novice

I just used another monitor and it fixed it.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/116369 superdagger, thank you very much for letting us know that. I am really glad to hear you fixed the issue.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello superdagger,

My apologies for the inconvenience.

I would like to request more information in to address this matter in the most accurate way, please provide the reports below:

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" in the top right corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
SLuna
Novice

Thank you for the reply. Here it is.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/116369 superdagger, thank you for these files, they are really helpful.

While I continue reviewing this matter, I would like to request to test the new driver version we have just released. Please find it here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26941/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-46-?product=96551 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.46] and use these steps to install the driver: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 and Windows...

Please share your results, I will update the thread with more results as soon as possible.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
SLuna
Novice

It didn't fix the issue except for American and Euro Truck Simulator. I am somehow able to change in American and Euro Truck Simulator. It seems that some Unity Engine games are unable to change resolution. The only thing I could do now is to change my desktop resolution in order the game to change.

I did what you instructed but it didn't work. Thanks. I'm hoping some 'miracle' will happen.

I appreciate the reply.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/116369 superdagger, thank you for this update.

I will update the thread as soon as possible.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos