Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

How come I can use X3360 for Windows 10, but not Q9550S?

LMari7
Beginner

How come I can easily boot up WIndows 10 x64 on my computer with X3360 (http://ark.intel.com/products/codename/26553/Yorkfield Yorkfield) on my DP35DP motherboard.

But if I try to boot up on Q9550S (same generation CPU), computer hangs out on booting up?

I've seen this post:

But that's just strange that one of the same processor from a family can't be booted up on WIndows 10.

Not to mention, that on other computer I'm running X3230 on WIndows 10 & everything works OK.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello KLiKzg,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

Please bear in mind that neither of these processors support Windows® 10, basically there are no drivers available and your system might work fine or not, it is hard to tell what will be the behavior, this also depends on your whole system configuration, it does not depends only on the processor, it depend on your motherboard, BIOS, microcode, RAM etc, but since this is not a supported operating system with these processors any misbehavior can occur sooner or later because this is a compatibility issue.

Best regards,

Ivan U.

LMari7
Beginner
0 Kudos
LMari7
Beginner

Yes, but that is only "Id. Util.", it does not help with drivers for Win10. it will show the proc you have, but not put the drivers in Win10 - unfortunately. :(

0 Kudos