Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Why is ZR300 recognized as LR200 on Euclid?

苇陈
Beginner

Hello,

I find that when I run 'sudo lshw' in terminal, the result tells me that the USB video device is Intel RealSense 3D Camera LR200. However, I believe that Euclid has a ZR300 on it.

Besides, if I use the API method rs::device::get_name(), it will also tell me that the device is LR200 (or LR200m, depends on the API version).

And I notice that all SLAM samples need to run with ZR300, so I just can't run them on Euclid at present.

Could anyone provide an explanation?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Somebody else asked about this recently.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Somebody else asked about this recently.

0 Kudos
苇陈
Beginner

Thank you for your response!

I've read that post before. I totally agree with you on the point that 'a LR200 launch file worked just as well with the ZR300'.

But some programs just can't function properly if it finds that the device name isn't ZR300.

(such as demo_zr300_camera.launch in realsense_ros_camera sample https://github.com/IntelRealSense/realsense_samples_ros/tree/kinetic-devel/realsense_ros_camera realsense_samples_ros/realsense_ros_camera at kinetic-devel · IntelRealSense/realsense_samples_ros · GitHub)

And I think that a LR200 launch file will still work even if the device name is ZR300.

That' why I'm confused.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I can understand your concern. There was a user who bought an early test version of the SR300 camera when it was still codenamed the F250. Although t was an SR300 camera, it appeared in their Device Manager as an F200 model, which potentially complicates things when trying to use software such as driver installation programs.

Someone on the Librealsense forums who was also asking about the launch files said that they could use the R200 launcher to launch the ZR300 using the following instruction:

roslaunch realsense_camera r200_nodelet_rgbd.launch camera_type:=ZR300

0 Kudos
苇陈
Beginner

Thank you very much for providing the information! I will try that later.

0 Kudos
苇陈
Beginner

Well, although Mr. MartyG has kindly provided useful information, I don't assume the question is answered.

I'm looking forward to an official reply from Intel.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
MGefr
Beginner

Hi chenwh14,

While I am not sure exactly why the Euclid team named the camera LR200M instead of ZR300, I came across the same problem in the realsense_ros_camera package. I don't know if you need help getting the launch file to run correctly, but I got it to work. When I ran the camera.launch file the fisheye camera would not work even if enable fisheye was set to true. To fix this, I opened camera_node.cpp and changed the line

"if (std::string(device_name).find("ZR300") == std::string::npos)" to

"if (std::string(device_name).find("ZR300") == std::string::npos && std::string(device_name).find("LR200") == std::string::npos)"

Then to see the fisheye image I set the enable_fisheye to true and I ran the command

"rosrun image_view image_view image:=/camera/fisheye/image_raw _do_dynamic_scaling:=true"

I hope this helped.