Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Mobile Intel 4 Series problems

idata
Employee

Hi folks, at the end of my tether with this.. have tried as many solutions as I can find but no luck at all. The device can't initialise. Tried uninstalling it, installing new drivers, manually directing the device to the drivers - no luck. Just can't figure out what's wrong with it!!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Hello,

From what I understand, the Intel(R) 4 series controller is showing an error saying "the device cannot start" in the Device Manager of your computer.

If that is the case, and if you have already updated the BIOS, cleared the CMOS, uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it again, and the issue persists; there might be a problem with the registry of the operating system that your are using.

I suggets you to check with your laptop manufacturer to see if the hardware on your computer is working fine and reinstall the operating system in your system, a fresh installation may be required, not a ghost image or something similar.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi again, thanks very much for replying. I have a Code 37 error, it can't initialise the device driver. I've flashed the BIOS and reset the CMOS in the BIOS dialogue. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers too. There just seems to be something stopping the hardware hooking up with the drivers and working. And I have no idea why this has happened, it's since about Friday afternoon last week with no reason I can see. I was giving a presentation using a projector, put my laptop to sleep for a few mins and when I woke it, it wouldn't work on multiple screen modes anymore.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Check with your laptop manufacturer to see if the hardware on your computer is working fine and reinstall the operating system in your system, a fresh installation may be required

0 Kudos