Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel 3000HD Graphics Problem

idata
Employee

i have been experiencing problems when playing videos on my computer. i don't know how to explain it, pixels appear in differnt colors and screen does not display properly also video flashes for about 10 seconds then plays ok. if i move the open window around the screen then the page refreshes and appears normal again

i've tried taking screen shot but appears normal on it

gigabyte z68x udh3

intel 2500k

12gb ram

radon 6580 graphics card

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Sorry I forgot to add I have the latest drivers installed.

0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

DXVA acceleration bug maybe. Try to disable hardware acceleration.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

hi thanks for your response

i've tried to disable dxva but does not allow me on windows7

the example below is an extrem example but this will happen on the desktop aswell

0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

On the Desktop? Then it's another problem I reckon. Try updating drivers to 8.15.10.2476.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

nope i just tried that and didn't work

thanks for your respons

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

What's the specs on the display? Maybe it can't handle the sync rate.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

http://www.lg.com/uk/it-products/monitors/LG-lcd-monitor-W2261V.jsp http://www.lg.com/uk/it-products/monitors/LG-lcd-monitor-W2261V.jsp

LG W2261V

Screen size (inches)21.5Panel Type (TN, IPS)TNTypeLCDHD MonitorsYesAspect Ratio16:9Resolution1920 x 1080Brightness (cd/m2)300Contrast Ratio20000:1Response Time (ms)2Viewing Angle (°)170 /160 (CR≥10)Color Depth (Num of Colors)16.7MPixel Pitch (mm)0.248 x 0.248Surface TreatmentAnti-Glare,3H
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi

I have a similar problem! My display is actually a Hisense 39inch TV. I connect to the Tv using a DVI-HDMI cable.Mine is an intel HD 2000 integrated graphics. When I play video in WMP, it is all pixelated and dark regions in the video appears greenish! I have got the latest graphics drivers as well! I was thinking of buying an external graphics card but since you have got a graphics card already and if still this problem occurs, then it could be due to someother reason! What cable do u use to connect ur pc to ur display? I tried the same video in another PowerDVD 12 but no luck! Let us know if anyone happen to fix this problem!

Regards,

Anish

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi

My DVI-HDMI cable couldnt support playing videos at 1920x1080 resolution. Changing it to a HDMI-HDMI cable did the trick!

0 Kudos