Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Multiple Displays Audio Problem

idata
Employee

Running an Asus B85m-E Board, uninstalled and updated all drivers (and BIOS)...current setup is as follows:

Monitor 1 - HDMI->DVI

Monitor 2 - HDMI->HDMI

Monitor 3 - MiniDP->DP

when i used minidp->dvi on monitor 1 i'd get no signal...clearly a wire/hardware problem, no biggie

i have all 3 on extended desktops...monitor 2 is my LG TV so I watch my videos on there...the video portion of everything is squared away...the audio is where the problem comes in

If I unplug Monitor 1 and 3 I get audio through my HDMI cable to TV no problem whatsoever, but if I plug either other monitors in I get no audio through my TV (but audio through my speaker jack on computer works fine), I've done everything to update drivers short of doing a fresh install of windows (which i really do not want to do). this is not even a hdmi passthrough problem because again if the TV is the sole monitor plugged in, audio works fine...is there a conflict somewhere?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello ouikikazz:

In regard to your inquiry, there should not be any conflict.

What is the model of the processor?

Since you already try a BIOS update and the latest drivers are installed, one of the things we can try is to set the TV a primary for audio.

While the 3 monitors are connected, look for the sound icon and right click on it, then choose "playback devices" and the TV should be listed there, please choose it and the sound should work on the TV that way.

Any questions, please let me know.

Alberto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

i5 4590

on playback devices i have seelcted the LG TV and i see the audio bar moving in the playback devices box but no audio actually passing through

if i disconnect the other two monitors and only have the LG connected then the audio passes through fine

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ouikikazz:

Thank you very much for that information.

If you get into the Intel® graphics control panel, and you choose "display" and then select "multiple displays" is the TV showing as primary display?

Please try the following driver, it is version 4501, the latest:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26229/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26229/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen-

Alberto
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ouikikazz:

I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you, and if the problem with the audio got fixed or if it still persists?

Alberto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

No I cannot get 3 displays and audio to function properly...main culprit is the DVI port for whatever reason (even with latest drivers)...I have went back to just using dual displays and cloning (via HDMI splitter) my TV and primary display and now I can select the audio for my TV OR my speakers (but not both which is another issue in and of itself but I can deal with switching)

0 Kudos
corta
Beginner

thank you

http://scienceportal.space/ science portal of space
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi ouikikazz:

Thank you very much for that information.

We are glad to hear that you found a workaround in order to make the system work, and now you can choose to get the audio from the TV or speakers.

In regard to the problem, as you mentioned before, it seems to be related to the DVI port, but still it is kind of strange, because the fact that you use triple or dual display should not make a difference in regard to the sound output.

But, we are really glad that at the end is working with dual display.

Alberto

0 Kudos