Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20628 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 520 Driver crashes when Hyper-V enabled

idata
Employee

Hi, I observed that since version 15.40.28.4501 of HD Graphics 520 driver is no longer 'enabled' if Hyper-V is enabled. Intel Control Panel does not show up and the system behaves as if no graphics drivers has been installed - there is no acceleration. Driver versions prior to this release - beta as well official behave fine.

Please fix this issue in forthcoming releases.

System

1. Lenovo IdeaPad 300 / Core i7 6500 / 8GB RAM / AMD Radeon R5 330

2. Asus Zenbook Pro UX501 VW

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello soumya.banerjee:

Remember that our drivers are generic and depending on the product or laptop that you are using some of them might work properly, but some other drivers might not work as good.

Based on that, for laptops we always recommend to use the drivers provided by the manufacturer, in this case Asus, so, if the laptop is working fine with their drivers, or with the beta driver, we suggest to keep using those drivers since the laptop works properly that way.

In regard to the problem with our driver 4501, at this point we are currently doing an investigation on this matter, in order to try to find a possible solution for this problem.

As soon as I get any updates, I will post all the details on this thread.

Any questions, please let me know.

Alberto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello soumya.banerjee:

In order to continue with our investigation in trying to find a possible fix for this problem, we need to get additional information from your system, please try to fill the chart with as much details as possible:

CategoryQuestionsAnswers (N/A if not applicable)DescriptionProvide a detailed description of the issuePlease place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")</span>Always (100%):

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):</span>Hardware (HW)Brand and Model of the system.Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).  LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.

ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etcHardware Stepping (see note1 below<span style="border: none wind...
0 Kudos
JJarm1
Beginner

I have similar problem with .4501 driver provided by Lenovo. Either I have to disable Hyper-V and Vt-d from BIOS or uninstall hyper-v driver. Did the latter!

If I do install hyper-v and connect for example a TV to my miniDisplayPort>HDMI cable (Lenovo), Windows shows me something like 6 external monitors when actually only one connected. Occasionally screen starts to flicker in different colors. This did not happen with the old driver.

Previously I had a problem with HDMI audio. Finally I found a solution to that issue. I had to reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 redistributable package for my OS (64 bit Win 10 latest production release).

There CLEARLY is a severe driver problem. Can you make installation check that correct version of redistributable files are installed?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Jampe:

To all the peers viewing this thread, I just wanted to let you all know that we will be more than glad to assist you in trying to fix this problem with the PC.

For us to be able to start an investigation on this subject, please submit your inquiry on a new thread, the reason for that is that every scenario is different, even if the same product is being used, so, for us further assist you and also in order for us to help you with the specific problem the PC might have, please submit a new thread.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards

Alberto

0 Kudos
JJarm1
Beginner

Description of the problem is above.

Laptop is Lenovo t440s, 20AR-series, integrated graphics, minidisplayport, Lenovo minidisplayport>HDMI cable, Sony Bravia TV (not FHD (1360x768), others used too, similar behavior), 8 GB RAM of which 512 to the video card, VideoBIOS 2175,0. resolution FHD, Windows 10.0.14393, Video driver from Lenovo 20.19.15.4501, extended desktop,

How to reproduce: see my post above. Simple to reproduce. Just have to install Hyper-V.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Jampe:

Please start a new thread because by doing that, we can start from scratch in trying to fix the specific problem your PC has in case we need to start an investigation or if we need to replicate the issue.

So, even if your problem is the same, by starting a new thread, we can actually get a better scenario of the problem, and also we will be able to provide a better and more accurate solution in order to fix the PC.

You can always post the same information you posted here, with the troubleshoot steps you tried in order to fix the problem.

Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience, and as soon as we get the new thread we will be more than glad to assist you with this matter.

Regards

Alberto

0 Kudos
JJarm1
Beginner
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Jampe:

Thank you very much for providing that information and for creating a new thread, an agent will be assign to it in order to further assist you.

Regards

Alberto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello soumya.banerjee:

I just wanted to check if you saw the information requested previously?

It is very important for us to better assist you.

Any questions, please let me know.

Alberto

0 Kudos