Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

No display with HDMi

idata
Employee

Display over HDMI has been working properly since years. Recently from the past 2 weeks or so it stopped working. Laptop doesn't connect at all . Have been searching the internet for hours for the solution to this. The problem is the display is detected in the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel and audio source at music playback. But there's isn't any result of it. I have tried with some other monitors and some other cables which is of no use.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello psn1234,

Can you please let me know your computer and processor model?

Are you using straight HDMI connections?

Please let me know the driver version you are running? Please go to Device Manger> Display adapters> Intel(R) HD Graphics right click on Properties and then go to Driver, you will be able to see the version installed.

Did you make any hardware changes? Or any change that might have caused the issue?

What operating system are you using?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Processor : i3 -3120M

Driver Version : 10.18.10.4358

Yes , I am using a straight HDMI cable. I haven't made any changes to hardware. I have been updating Drivers using windows update . After one of the updates , display over HDMI stopped working. I have formatted the OS as trying rollback driver didn't work and used a previous version of the driver for the installation.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Try updating your Intel® HD Graphics version to the latest, see here for it https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25977/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-33-?product=81499 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.33], use this method for the installation http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html How to Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 &...

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/107033 psn1234,

Were you able to install the driver mentioned above?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
DJoli
Novice

psn1234,

The symptoms you describe are like the problem I have in post # 2 of this thread:

It may help...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@David_fr, thank you for your input.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos