cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 750 SSD only showing up as read only after Windows updated

ZZoid
New Contributor

My windows 10 rebooted yesterday for a Windows update. When I tried to use it afterward my Intel 750 SSD (400GB) is now set as read only. I checked with Diskpart reports "Current Read-only State : Yes" and I can't seem to figure out how to turn that off.

I downloaded the Intel SSD tool but it only shows the drive and only let interact with it or display SMART status, etc.

I can get my files of the drive, but I'm just curious why its gone into this state and if that's a permanent thing or some sort of setting.

2 REPLIES 2

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Zoid,

Thanks for posting in our forum. We would like to provide some suggestions that may help you with this situation:-First, try to plug the SSD in a different port and test it-If that does not work, please try the following:On the Cmd prompt launch "diskpart.exe" Run the following commands on the diskpart prompt LIST DISK This will list all the disks in your system.Note down the number of your new SSD, then do the following SELECT DISK x Where X is the number of your Intel® SSD 750, then do the following DETAIL DISK This will list all the details of the selected disk.Check if the ReadOnly flag is set to Yes.Then execute the following command ATTR DISK CLEAR READONLYPlease let us know if this worked or not, so we can check for further recommendations.Regards,NC

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Zoid,

We are following up this thread and we would like to know if you require further assistance or if you have any other question. We will be waiting for your response.Regards,NC