Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

How to get 23,97fps instead of 24 ?

TEL_H
Beginner

Hi all,

I have a HTPC with an intel haswell (HD4600) and I can't get 23,97 fps, I have 24 even if i set 23 in intel panel properties.

I have run CustomModeApp.exe but I only can enter entire numbers (no decimals) in the frequency. I also have try 23 but doesn't allow me to accept.

My TV supports 23p, so it should work, and further this, I've try in three TVs having the same result.

I really would like to be able of doing this, under Windows and under Linux.

Any help?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Tassadar, I regret to inform that the only software that allows customizing some settings related to Graphics is the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel Display custom resolutions.

I checked this panel and this feature is not included, therefore frames per second (FPS) cannot be modified.

0 Kudos
TEL_H
Beginner

Hi Sylvia_intel, first of all, thanks for yout answer.

I really can't believe what you're telling me, since Haswell are supposed to support correcly 23,976p according to this: http://www.anandtech.com/show/7007/intels-haswell-an-htpc-perspective/4 AnandTech | Intel's Haswell - An HTPC Perspective: Media Playback, 4K and QuickSync Evaluated

I really would like to do so, since by that I could play videos with this framerate at actual speed, not needing to reclock them.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ Tassadar, 23.96 refresh rate is supported on Haswell . If your display supports 23hz it should apply the 23.96hz and display 23hz . What is the make and model of the display you are using?

Also, in your original post you mention, "I can't get 23,97 fps". Please note, FPS refers to Frames Per Second which is typically used to refer to video card output, not Refresh Rate which is in hertz. That is why there is not a setting in Custom Resolutions for FPS, only Refresh Rate.

Thanks

Bob

Also, in your original post you mention
0 Kudos