Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Qt Creator Gesture Control using SR300

GHajj
Beginner

Dear Community,

I am developing a project using Qt creator IDE, and I want to control the application using gesture control provided by SR300 Intel camera. I just want to know how to connect camera with Qt so that the program takes order from gestures.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I don't know about programming gestures with the SR300 via QT and didn't find anything like that during my research into your question. A good starting point would be to get the camera to be recognized by QT first. This guide in QT's documentation may be useful to you if you haven't seen it already. The RealSense camera is, after all, a very advanced webcam, so you should approach thinking about connecting it to QT using that viewpoint, I think.

https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtmultimedia-multimediawidgets-camera-example.html Camera Example | Qt Multimedia 5.8

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi RedRose,

Thanks for your interest in the Intel RealSense Technology.

I was investigating and I have found information about using LibRealSense, Qt Creator and PCL, you may take a look at this link: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/using-librealsense-and-pcl-to-create-point-cloud-data https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/using-librealsense-and-pcl-to-create-point-cloud-data.

Hope you find this information useful.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos
GHajj
Beginner

Thanks for your time.

Actually, this is not what I want. All I want to do is to integrate the Intel RealSense SDK with Qt Creator so I can use its commands to help me in finishing my project.

Please, I need your help, it's for my senior project.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi RedRose,

I was looking in the Intel RealSense SDK for Linux and it provides the steps for writing an application over the SDK using Qt Creator, please take a look at https://software.intel.com/sites/products/realsense/sdk/getting_started.html# Setting_Up_Your_C_Development Intel® RealSense™ SDK for Linux.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

-Yermi A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi RedRose,

Do you still need help in this case?

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos
GHajj
Beginner

Yes I'm actually stuck at this point and I can't integrate Qt Creator with RealSense SDK

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi RedRose,

Did you follow the steps in the RealSense SDK documentation? Are you getting any error messages?

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi RedRose,

Could you please provide the information requested above?

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos
GHajj
Beginner

Actually, I struggled through some errors and managed to solve them but now I'm receiving an error saying:

C:\include\pxcsession.h:355: error: undefined reference to `PXCSession_Create@0'

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi RedRose,

Great to know you managed to solve the errors you got before. Also, I would like to investigate a little bit more regarding that error and as soon as I have useful information I'll let you know.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi RedRose,

Could you please provide us the following information?

• Which RealSense SDK and version are you using? The RealSense SDK for Windows or the RealSense SDK for Linux
  • Which OS are you using?

Additionally, in Windows, the pxcsession file is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\RSSDK\include.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Regards,

-Yermi A.
0 Kudos
GHajj
Beginner

I am using RealSense SDK for Windows version with Windows 10 OS.

I am receiving many errors saying undefined reference to ..... (e.g.

`_imp__InitCommonControls@0' ,

`GetOpenFileNameW@4',

`GetSaveFileNameW@4',

`_imp__CreateCompatibleBitmap@12')

I included the PXCsession header file but I am still receiving PXCSession_Create@0 error.

I think that there are some modules that I should add or simply Intel RealSense SDK doesn't work with Qt Creator.

Any help?

Thanks for assistance.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for the information, could you please let me know how you have included the PXCsession header? Additionally, could you please provide the steps you have followed to create your project? How did you add the necessary libraries?

I'll be waiting for your reply.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos
GHajj
Beginner

Ok so I created a new widget application (and also tried a console application). I imported the main.cpp file and the other files. In the .pro file I added these few lines:

INCLUDEPATH += C:/IntelRS/RSSDK/include

LIBS += -LC:/IntelRS/RSSDK/lib/x64 -llibpxc

LIBS += -LC:/IntelRS/RSSDK/lib/x64 -llibpxcmd

LIBS += -LC:/IntelRS/RSSDK/lib/x64 -llibpxc_d

LIBS += -LC:/IntelRS/RSSDK/lib/x64 -llibpxcmd_d

Note: I installed the SDK in C:/IntelRS.

And in the main file, I wrote # include "pxcsession.h"

The problem is the in the header file itself (pxcsession.h) not in the .cpp files.

Any help?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi RedRose,

Please let me take a closer look at this and I'll update you as soon as I have useful information.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi RedRose,

I have been trying to integrate the RealSense SDK for Windows with Qt creator IDE, however, I could not get it to work either. Unfortunately, Qt Creator has not been validated to work with the RealSense SDK as Visual Studio has been, with that in mind, I would strongly suggest you to switch IDEs and edit your previous code to work on Visual Studio.

My apologies for the inconvenience it may cause.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos