Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20599 Discussions

Lagging games with my Intel HD Graphics 2000, do I have to install any driver?

idata
Employee

Hi there everyone!

Lately I've been having issues with my Intel(R) HD Graphics 2000, it lags all my games (I have to use low performance in some games that doesn't require any high graphic card). I wonder if I have to install some driver or what should I do? I usually play GTA San Andreas and Euro Truck Simulator 2 and when I record my gameplay using Bandicam it starts lagging a lot. I hadn't this problem before when I bought my PC, I formatted it and the problem begin.

Each time a PC is formatted, drivers should be installed again? Excuse me, I'm newbie with this kind of things. It'd be great if some of you help me with this please! Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Derek004,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

What the operating system you have installed?

What is your system and processor model?

Was your system working fine before, if so what changed on your system that now is not working as before?

Did you install new update or hardware?

Please let me know this information to better assist you.

Best regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi there Ivan, thanks for answering!

To answer you:

1- I've installed Windows 7 Home Premium, the original version that I had when I bought my PC. The CD came with it.

2- It's Admiral model and I have an Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz. 4 GB RAM memory.

3- It was working perfectly, once I had to format it because of my stupidity I installed things that shouldn't (chinese applications) and I was full of viruses, but after that everything worked perfectly, I've even had it for years and it didn't make noise or anything like that. Only games slow me down, it doesn't have any damage. It seems to me that it needs drivers (this is what a friend who has little knowledge told me about), or maybe it's something else that I don't understand. For example, before when I wanted to record a game it didn't throw the fps down, I kept them normally and my game didn't get slow. After formatting the PC started all this.

I wonder what is due?

4- I didn't install anything when I formatted it.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the information Derek004 and I apologize for the delay on responding to you.

At this point, I suggest you to install the latest Intel® generic driver, you can download it here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24971/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-64-bit?product=81502 Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows* 7/8-64-bit

You can use the .exe file for the installation process, if you get an error trying to install this driver, you can try installing it manually, please see how to http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 and Windows 8*/8.1*

I hope this can help.

Best regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ,

I'm following on this post to ask you if your issue has been resolved or if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Ivan.
0 Kudos