Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

centrino advanced-n 6230 wifi speed problem

idata
Employee

Halo. First of all, sorry for my poor english.

I'm using HP ENVY 15 3xxx series and it's wireless chipset is centrino advanced-n 6230 that maybe has a problem.

My router is Iptime N604S and it supports 802.11n.

when using a notebook, connection is very unstable.

in game, ping swings too frequently. at normal, ping stands 10~15ms, but it swings 10~500ms. ping lose happens too.

Download speed also has a problem. it swings 0~50Mbps.

Most of all, 0Mbps period is frequently occured and too much swings

When turn off n mode, connection status is very good, no ping swings and lose. Down/up speed also makes good graph.

Following is when set n mode disable.

i used another router but it seems have no difference.

Should I make a conclusion - wifi chipset defected?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello cheese0409,

The behavior you are seen there might correspond to hardware failure, however, we would recommend for you to take this with HP*and have it escalated for support.

We would recommend the following:

1. Make sure you have the latest drivers for the Intel(R) centrino advanced-n 6230 provided by Hp*.

2. Check with the router manufacturer for a FW update.

3. Check the "Power Settings" on control panel, make sure that both on "Battery Mode" and "Plugged In" shows as "Maximum Performance".

4. Escalate this inquiry with your laptop manufacturer for further support.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Of course I did everything you said.

maybe go to HP service center will be correct answer.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello guys.

Well, i have the same problem with my Dell XPS 14z and Centrino N6230 WiFi adapter. Since I turned on my computer the first time i saw that the intensity of my WiFi signal was to low. I compared my computer with my old computer and the difference between signals power is amazing, around of a 25%, less on the XPS 14z.

I called Dell to solve this problem and they only gave me an driver "update", but i already had the last one. Can you help me with this please

Regards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Vicente,

Did you try the recommendations posted a few lines back?

We would recommend the following:

1. Make sure you have the latest drivers for the Intel(R) centrino advanced-n 6230 provided by Hp*.

2. Check with the router manufacturer for a FW update.

3. Check the "Power Settings" on control panel, make sure that both on "Battery Mode" and "Plugged In" shows as "Maximum Performance".

If that's the case, the best recommendation would be to escalate this inquiry with your laptop manufacturer, as it seems like an integration problem.

Cheers!

0 Kudos