Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics screen problems

EKewe
Novice

Hey guys,

So here is my problem: I reinstalled windows 8.1 on my laptop and now the screen appeared doubled, kind of a 3D resolution or something like it.

Here are my settings:

ACER Aspire V5-431P-987B4G50Mass

Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU 987 @ 1.50GHz 1.50GHz

installed memory: 4.00GB (3.80 GB usable)

system type: 64-bit Operating system, x64 based processor

Pen and Touch: Full Windows Touch Support with 10 Touch Points

If I uninstall the current graphics driver and reboot the system, then the screen goes back to normal. I tried to install many different drivers that intel gives me but still the same problem. Another thing is when I use Teamviewer I can see the screen perfectly. Does anyone have an idea why?

I would appreciate it.

Emmanuel

0 Kudos
1 Solution
EKewe
Novice

Hello everyone,

The problem was coming from the BIOS. I installed windows on the legacy BIOS which I guess messed up my system. So I realized that I should try the only thing I didn't do, change the BIOS system into UEFI boot which actually worked and still does.

I hope it helps.

Emmanuel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
EKewe
Novice

Nevermind, found the problem.

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hello EmmanuelK,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

I'm glad that your issue has been resolved; could you please let us know how did you resolve the problem? That can help solving somebody else problem

Best wishes,

Ivan

0 Kudos
EKewe
Novice

Hello everyone,

The problem was coming from the BIOS. I installed windows on the legacy BIOS which I guess messed up my system. So I realized that I should try the only thing I didn't do, change the BIOS system into UEFI boot which actually worked and still does.

I hope it helps.

Emmanuel

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Thank you for sharing that information with us, I hope this can help other customers.

Best wishes,

Ivan

0 Kudos