Intel Unite® App
Gain crucial understandings of the Intel Unite® App
Announcements
This product has been discontinued. This board is currently read only and no longer accepting new posts. Learn more
459 Discussions

Problem with One Time Unite Client in Enterprise Setup

CUno
Beginner

I'm trying to get the One Time Unite client to work, but when I download and run it from the server it hangs at "trying to contact your server". I also experienced the same problem with the MacOS client over a VPN. I suspect it has to do with the DNS service, but I tested the service using nslookup and shown in the videos and it gives me the proper response.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Chris,

Can you provide the following information? It will help us figure out what troubleshooting steps need to be done.

- Which version of Intel Unite are you running on the hub?

- What is the OS and Intel Unite version running on the clients?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
CUno
Beginner

Stan,

I'm running Intel Unite Version 2.0.27 on the Hub and Client. I can't tell what version the One Time Use client is.

Hub and client computer OS is Windows 10 Pro.

As additional info, it doesn't matter if it's the Hub or the Client, if, on install, I tell it to automatically connect to server it fails. But if I provide the hostname of the server everything works. I suspect that's why I can't get the One Time Client or the MacOS client to work, because you can't define the server with those.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Chris,

It looks like you were correct, the problem is likely with DNS. I am copying instructions below for creating a DNS record. If you can create this record on your DNS server it should resolve the issue. If the issue still persists, please make sure there are no firewall settings blocking the connection and test that you can ping from the clients to the Intel Unite server.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
CUno
Beginner

Stan,

I'd already setup the DNS record and have included a screen shot of the configuration. I also went to one of my client computers and did the nslookup test as described in the setup video as well as a ping test. All are successful. But Auto Connect still fails. The configuration SEEMS to be right, but there's still an issue for clients automatically connecting.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the delay. We are working to test out some scenarios in our lab and see if we can isolate the issue you are seeing. I should be able to get back to you in the next day or so with an update.

Thanks,

Stan

0 Kudos
Claudio_G_Intel1
Employee

Hi Chris, If that is agreeable for you is there a change we could speak on the phone?

You can PM me your contact information or to or I will provide my contact information.

As I have finished the test in our lab I would like to sync with you and provide you with an update.

Thanks.

0 Kudos