Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

CPU with lower TDP = lower performance?

idata
Employee

Hello everybody,

Hello Intel-Support,

My very easy question ist: Have a Processor with lower TDP L a lower performance as TDP X ?

What is the best Choice for a Very high performant Processor? Or it's the same?

(sorry, my english is not the best!)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello,

The TDP (thermal design power) will determine the maximum amount of power the cooling system in a computer is required to dissipate the heat on he processor, now if very important to keep the system running with an adequate cooling system, but that number (TDP) is not directly associate with processor performance.

Now if you a r looking for a high-end processor for a new system, try to check the Intel® Core&# 153; i7 Desktop Processors The 2nd generation of Intel® Core I7 Processor comes with 4 cores and 8 threads, great for multitasking . It also come with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology which can give your system an extra boost to match demanding application like gaming, 3D modeling or video editing .

Please check he next link for details on all Intel* product .You can do a search based on the product (e.g. desktop products or mobile). Then family (e.g. Intel® Core&# 153; i7 Desktop Processor or Intel desktop board executive series) then you can also create comparison charts with multiple processors or boards just select two or more products, finally you can click on the product name (blue) and at the top of the screen you will see download datasheets like Technical Product Specification and compatible processors or motherboards.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks, Ricardo for your answer.

I'm talking about a server solution. Ok, what you say is that the TDP-Letter has nothing to do with the performance of the processor? Only with the heat on the processor?

Greetings from Berlin, germany

0 Kudos