Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Upgrading my New Sony Vaio VPCEJFX/B INTEL HD Graphics Card

idata
Employee

I just purchased this laptop a couple weeks ago and was wondering if an upgrade was available for the Sony Vaio VPCEJFX/B. The graphics card is the question. The Intel HD Graphics 3000 is what I want to replace to a better card. Where should I look first to buy it and is it possible?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

You can't upgrade laptop video cards unless you have a special kind that can do it. I know Sony laptops like mine can't do that since they are all stuck together in the motherboard. I wanted to upgrade my Intel HD graphics card also but I can't. So best thing you can do is to get the latest drivers from Intel so you can get the best performance on games. I have the original Intel HD graphics card which isn't as good as yours since yours is the 3000 series. You have to first uninstall the OEM Intel HD drivers and then install the generic drivers since that's the only way to install Intels latest drivers. Sony laptops are all OEM drivers and if you keep the version you have and install the generic it was not let you install it.

0 Kudos