Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Windows 10 HD4000 video stutter/skipping frames (sound unaffected)

FBerb
Novice

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue AND 'does it fail every single time, or only sometimes?' If you can offer a % rate please do.

Playing videos with any players being in a browser or a local file, will skip frames, have visible lag/stutter.

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

HP dv6-7002tx

Hybrid or switchable graphics system? ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

Intel HD4000, Geforce gt-650m

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in) 

How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).

8gb

0 Kudos
14 Replies
llybx
New Contributor I

You should tell what browser you're using.

Also afaik only IE and Edge uses hardware acceleration when playing youtube videos.

1080p 60fps may lag on Chrome and other browser that uses cpu to decode the video.

0 Kudos
FBerb
Novice

That's why i said any video, being Edge or Chrome, or VLC media player, or Windows media player, it's not a specific player issue.

llybx
New Contributor I

That's weird, didn't happen on my HD 4000 (VBIOS 2170, same drivers, i3-3227u).

Might wanna add VBIOS version on your post.

0 Kudos
FBerb
Novice

Well, there is an update for my bios that I never did ( some users gave feedback about problems with non UEFI OS installed), and my VBIOS is slightly older than yours, trying to update. Even though i'm a i7-3612QM.

EDIT: after bios update, vbios wasn't updated, still 2130, i'm guessing platform is different.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello kldoc,

Intel is aware of the issues related with Windows 10 and the Graphics Driver by now some of the most common issues are being noted here:

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
FBerb
Novice

Hello Amy_Intel

Both threads you gave me points to 4th generation and newer HD graphics drivers, HD4000 is 3rd generation, the mentioned drivers won't obviously install because they are not related to my hardware.

As mentioned in this thread, the driver for 3rd generation is a beta 4252, no 4256.

You're aware of issues on 4th generation and newer, I agree, but your answer is NOT related to my question at all.

0 Kudos
mahme16
Novice

I am facing the exact same issue. i7 4700mq, 16 gb, nvidia gt 750m and intel HD 4600, windows 10 home single language 64 bit. the videos on disk and on the web stutter/skip frames randomly every 10-15 seconds. it only happens on integrated graphics, on nvidia it works fine. this has started happening recently, so m guessing it has something to do with a recent automatic update. please guide as to what is the solution. thanks

0 Kudos
mahme16
Novice

okay so ive figured out what you should do to solve this problem. i was having the same issue myself n this is what ive discovered. it worked for me i hope it works for you to. do you have your wallpapers set to 10 second intervals? as u know in the personalization options on windows 10 u cant really do that unless u access control panel from run. everytime your wallpaper changes in the background the video u r watching will skip a frame. set your wallpapers like 30 minutes apart or dont use the feature altogether. thats all u can do, for now! as for chrome u can run it on your nvidia if ud like. let me know if this helps.

FBerb
Novice

I confirm, it's indeed the slideshow background that triggers this issue, i've set it to static background, and no more frame skipping.

Now, no idea whether it's an Intel bug or a Windows bug, since it doesn't affect all config, I'd tend to say it's a bug in the driver or else every single system would be affected the same way.

Amy_Intel, if you can transmit this to the team that is responsible for the development, since the source of the problem has been identified, that should speed up patch release.

mahme16
Novice

M glad it helped . happy computing!

0 Kudos
FBerb
Novice

Well it helped, but problem isn't solved completely, i still get corrupted images from time to time.

0 Kudos
FBerb
Novice

Latest Windows update seemed to have fixed the problem, need more testing to be sure, but it sure is better.

0 Kudos
KDena
Beginner

Huge thanks, man, I've been struggling with these annoying stutterings for months.

Read tons of forums, but until I had realised the regular pattern (10 s), I could not find your post and the screensaver slideshow issue generator.

Live long !

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, Denarol

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos