Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

maximum graphics supported per single xeon processor

RYoun9
Beginner

dear Community,

we are trying to figure out how many GPU is supported per single Xeon processor, as we know the processor supports 40 PCI express Lanes, how come we can have a single xeon E5-1650v3 processor running 4 x GPUs on a single motherboard (Asus X99-E WS)?

i appreciate any immediate respond.

thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ronny_G_Intel

Hi Technocom_Computers,

The processor supports up to 46 bits of physical address space and 48-bit of virtual address space. • The Intel® Xeon® processor E5-1600 and E5-2600 v3 product families and Intel® Xeon® processor E5-4600 v3 product families feature (per socket) two Intel® QuickPath Interconnect point-to-point links capable of up to 9.6 GT/s, up to 40 lanes of PCI Express* 3.0 links capable of 8.0 GT/s, and 4 lanes of DMI2/PCI Express* 2.0. It features 2 IMCs (Integrated Memory Controller), which support DDR4 DIMMs.

The implementation of a motherboard capable of running 4 x GPUs (Asus X99-E WS) depends upon the motherboard manufacturer.

I hope this helps,

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Ronny_G_Intel

Hi Technocom_Computers,

The processor supports up to 46 bits of physical address space and 48-bit of virtual address space. • The Intel® Xeon® processor E5-1600 and E5-2600 v3 product families and Intel® Xeon® processor E5-4600 v3 product families feature (per socket) two Intel® QuickPath Interconnect point-to-point links capable of up to 9.6 GT/s, up to 40 lanes of PCI Express* 3.0 links capable of 8.0 GT/s, and 4 lanes of DMI2/PCI Express* 2.0. It features 2 IMCs (Integrated Memory Controller), which support DDR4 DIMMs.

The implementation of a motherboard capable of running 4 x GPUs (Asus X99-E WS) depends upon the motherboard manufacturer.

I hope this helps,