Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20456 Discussions

intel 4600 displayport 1.2 dual monitor sleep issue

CReye4
Beginner

Hi, I'm having this bizarre issue with a daisy chained dual monitor setup. The DisplayPort 1.2 protocol allows me to connect two monitors to a single DP connection. The problem I run into is when Windows 10 puts the two monitors to sleep. For some reason, it throws the display driver into a panic and it keeps throwing error messages. The resolution gets changed and my window positions get corrupted. Is this is a known issue? Is there a fix?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CReye4
Beginner

Nevermind, I figured it out. I have an MST hub plugged in to one of the monitors through USB to support dual DisplayPort monitors. What I realized is if that monitor goes to standby, the graphics card starts to freak out. All you need is to turn on a setting in the monitor to leave the USB turned on during standby. Easy peasy. I hope this helps someone else out there in the same situation.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CReye4
Beginner

Nevermind, I figured it out. I have an MST hub plugged in to one of the monitors through USB to support dual DisplayPort monitors. What I realized is if that monitor goes to standby, the graphics card starts to freak out. All you need is to turn on a setting in the monitor to leave the USB turned on during standby. Easy peasy. I hope this helps someone else out there in the same situation.

0 Kudos