Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

AC-9461 Code 10 Error.

SWang71
Beginner

Just corrupted about 1 hour ago. Happened suddenly, without any signs.

Read another post about code 10 on ac 9560.

Already tried (update driver, reset driver, reset network setting, reset BIOS, restore Windows.) Can't fix it.

It's killing me right now. Please help me.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello wsm517,

Thank you for patience and for joining our Intel® community, it will be more than a pleasure to assist you.

The error is generated when Device Manager can't start the hardware device, a situation usually caused by outdated or corrupted drivers or by a damaged component.

A device may also receive a Code 10 error if a driver generates an error that Device Manager doesn't understand. A Code 10 error can be a very generic message indicating some kind of unspecified driver or hardware problem.

Even if you already tried driver troubleshooting before, I would like you to test the following:

-Uninstall the adapter in Device Manager and make sure that the "Delete the driver from this computer" box is unchecked. Finally, restart your computer. The error Code 10 you're seeing could have been caused by a temporary problem in Device Manager or with the hardware. If so, a reboot might fix the Code 10 error.

-Remove any hardware you may added to the computer prior to the error message. There could be a device causing a hardware conflict or compatibility issues. Did you install a device or make a change in Device Manager just before the Code 10 error appeared? If so, it's possible that the change you made caused the Code 10 error. Undo the change if you can, restart your PC, and then check again for the Code 10 error.

-Perform a clean installation of drivers. Uninstalling and then reinstalling the drivers for the device is a likely solution to a Code 10 error. Notice that Properly reinstalling a driver is not the same as simply updating a driver. A full driver reinstall involves completely removing the currently installed driver and then letting Windows install it over again from scratch. See below for related article on this.

Update the drivers for the device. It's also very possible that installing the latest drivers for the device could correct the Code 10 error, even if these drivers were previously functional.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Here you will find all the steps to perform a clean installation.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28143/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10?product=125193 Here is the link of the latest Wireless drivers for your machine.

Also,once that is done you might try to perform a hard shut down and then monitor the results to see if you get a positive impact.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Diego S.

Intel (R) Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello wsm517,

We just wanted to double check if you still need further assistance.

Please do not hesitate on contacting us back.

Regards,

Diego S.

Intel (R) Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation

0 Kudos
PPati8
Beginner

@idata​  I am having this same problem and would also like assistance. The only difference between my problem and his problem is that my adapter is 9642 instead of 9641. Any help would be appreciated

0 Kudos