Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!

Samsung PM981 VROC compatibility

HAl-S
New Contributor I

Hello Intel Community:

I'd like to know if Samsung 981 M.2 NVMe SSD is compatible with Intel VROC or not.

Any help please?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi hms.81,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

As you can see in the flowing article, the Samsung* PM981 model is not compatible with Intel® VROC: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000030310/memory-and-storage/ssd-software.html Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU (Intel® VROC) Supported Configurations

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos
HAl-S
New Contributor I

Hello Diego:

There are another post in the community mentioned that, the models you referred to are the models those tested, but this does not means that other models are not compatible. Is this correct?

See the following discussion please:

/message/544271# 544271 Updated list of third-party SSDs supported by VROC

In terms of compatibility, it is not clear exactly what does it means. So, If I iserted the VROC key and installed the Windows on the PCIe SSD with RAID0 configuration. Does this means that they are compatible or not?

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi hms.81,

That's correct. The supported list I shared previously is the list of drives that have been tested to work with Intel® VROC. As you said, this doesn't mean that other drives might work too, but that would be out of our support scope since they have not been tested nor validated.

We cannot guarantee that other drives will work because of this reason. It's up to you if you decide to try it, however you may experience unexpected behaviors. Our recommendation is to use the drives in the list, since those models have been tested and validated.

The drives in the list are the ones compatible with Intel® VROC. They have been tested and validated. Other drives may or may not work, so it's not recommendable to use different drives besides the ones in the list.

I hope this clarifies the concern.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos