Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Miracast support in Windows 10 Laptop

idata
Employee

Hi,

I am using a Intel Core i5 laptop with windows 10 running on it. When I try to connect my laptop with my TV wirelessly using Miracast, the connection is unsuccessful and casting is getting failed. Any separate driver has to be installed ? Ideally this feature should work seamlessly as Microsoft provides option to add wireless display.

However, on the flip side, When I try to use the laptop as a Miracast Sink and my Android phone as a Miracast Source, I could able to share the phone's screen seamlessly thought there is significant delay and frame drops which is a different story all together.

Can you please help me understand why its not working in earlier case when I try to use the laptop as Miracast Source and TV as Miracast Sink ?

P.S: Network Adapter: Intel Dual Band Wireless AC7265,

Driver Details: Netwbw02.sys, file version 17.15.0.5

DxDiag output - Miracast: Supported

Video Driver - WDDM 1.33

WiFi NDIS - 6.4

Regards,

Suriya.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello suriyamohan,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

This standard is natively supported in Windows® 10.

You can find instructions for using Miracast*, including system requirements, at the https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/search?query=miracast Microsoft* support site.

This article may be helpful, too:

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Dear Wanner,

Thanks for the response. I have already gone through the links. Its not useful to debug the actual problem.

Later yesterday, I could use 2 windows laptops, one as Miracast Source and another as Miracast Sink. But both the laptops did not work as source and connect with my TV.

Is there is any tool or mechanism to figure out the exact root cause of the connection failure ?

Regards,

Suriya.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello suriyamohan,

Unfortunately, there is not a tool that we can provide.

If you need assistance with Miracast*, please contact Microsoft* and your system manufacturer for support.Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporationhttps://support.microsoft.com/en-au/contactus/
0 Kudos