Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here

optane memory

sumay
Beginner

I bought a laptop with 16gb intel optane memory.i had to reinstall windows yesterday. Should I install drivers for optane memory.? how to know that optane memory is functioning?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hi sachee_123,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

Yes, after re-installing the OS, the drivers for the Intel® Optane™ Memory should be re-installed as well.

However, considering the fact that you are using laptop, I highly recommend you to contact the OEM in order to receive assistance to setup the module again. Laptops usually come with special settings, and it's better to contact the OEM before doing any changes in the system.

On the other hand, if you re-installed the OS and didn't disable the module beforehand, you will probably need to clean the module's data first as it still has the data from the previous OS setup. If you disabled it before re-installing the OS, then it should be fine and you should be able to re-enable it.

You can confirm if the module is working or not through the application. You can download it from the following site (SetupOptaneMemory.exe): https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28256/Intel-Optane-Memory-User-Interface-and-Driver-for-System-Acceleration?product=99745 Download Intel® Optane™ Memory User Interface and Driver for System Acceleration

The application will install the drives too, so you can try it enabling the module, however if you have any issue, I recommend you to contact the OEM for assistance as the module came already enabled in the laptop.

I hope this information helps you.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi sachee_123,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

Yes, after re-installing the OS, the drivers for the Intel® Optane™ Memory should be re-installed as well.

However, considering the fact that you are using laptop, I highly recommend you to contact the OEM in order to receive assistance to setup the module again. Laptops usually come with special settings, and it's better to contact the OEM before doing any changes in the system.

On the other hand, if you re-installed the OS and didn't disable the module beforehand, you will probably need to clean the module's data first as it still has the data from the previous OS setup. If you disabled it before re-installing the OS, then it should be fine and you should be able to re-enable it.

You can confirm if the module is working or not through the application. You can download it from the following site (SetupOptaneMemory.exe): https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28256/Intel-Optane-Memory-User-Interface-and-Driver-for-System-Acceleration?product=99745 Download Intel® Optane™ Memory User Interface and Driver for System Acceleration

The application will install the drives too, so you can try it enabling the module, however if you have any issue, I recommend you to contact the OEM for assistance as the module came already enabled in the laptop.

I hope this information helps you.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi sachee_123,

Just wondering if you still need help with this.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos