Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14541 Discussions

i7 6700K Intel 530 HD FPS dropping/falloff overtime

SSean1
Beginner

I've been having so much trouble with my new build. I've reinstalled Windows 10 at least 7 times in the last few days to try resolve constant issues that keep popping up; Windows freezing after exiting games if I start typing / CAM software not loading up / ASUS Ai Suite bugging out and not uninstalling leading to me having to reinstall windows ect. ect. /

I finally get it all working in sync on a clean install and every time I play CS:Source the frames drop over time is this normal for Intel HD 530? I've tried 3 different graphics drivers both from manufacturer and Intel (.4416 / .4501 / .4542 )

As you can see in CAM the FPS drops over time in a 10 minute time span is Counterstrike (Half-Life uses same .exe)

The processor is not overheating since its watercooled with a Kraken X62 with averages around 42 C & doesn't go over 53 C max as seen here.

Is this throttling? Whats causing the throttling and poor performance? I've tried XMP profiles and Default, same issues with both.

I'm totally at a loss. I acknowledge this /message/437734# 437734 user had experience the same issues but I dont have a dedicated GPU

I'm saving up for a graphics card but i think there is something wrong with the CPU/Motherboard? All components are brand new. Any help?

i7 6700K | Kraken x62 | Z170 ASUS Pro Gaming AURA | Samsung 850 Evo | Corsair LED DDR4 3000mhz RAM | NZXT S340 Elite Case

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SSean1
Beginner

Found the Issue. its CAM thats throttling my FPS i'll take the issue to their forums. But pls leave this thread for anybody else that has this issue and suspect their processor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SSean1
Beginner

Found the Issue. its CAM thats throttling my FPS i'll take the issue to their forums. But pls leave this thread for anybody else that has this issue and suspect their processor

0 Kudos