cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.2 TB Intel SSD 750 Series trouble

BHalt1
New Contributor II

My PC has been operating properly now for several months with no issues. However, all of a sudden now my motherboard seemingly does not find the Intel 750 SSD on a cold boot. Strangely enough when I remove the SSD from the PCIe slot and place it back, the computer boots into windows (installed on the Intel 750 SSD). This happens every time. In fact, if I let the PC go to sleep, it happens then too. I am wondering if there is something wrong with the SSD? I have gone through and checked/updated all drivers for the SSD and the computer/operating system/SSD seem to work just fine once I remove the SSD and replace it then boot... This is very strange and I am completely lost here. Again, I have only had the hard drive for a few months and I love it, but I need to find out what is causing this issue. Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated.

Computer Specs:

Intel 6700K

ASUS Z170 Deluxe

GTX 1080

Intel 750 1.2 TB

3440 x 1440 Predator w/g-sync

ASUS AC1900 Network Adapter

Thermaltake Pacific RL360 RGB Water Cooling Kit

32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz DDR4 RAM

3 - Samsung 950 Pro 256 GB SSD

1 - 1 TB WD 7200 RPM HDD

49 REPLIES 49

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Bkhalterman,

We understand the SSD you have is not detected on a cold boot and you need to take it out and put it back in the slot so it can work again.Our recommendation about this situation is to make sure the BIOS is updated.Could you please check what is the latest BIOS version on it?Also, please provide the firmware version of your SSD?Once you have the SSD detected on the operating system, could you please provide us the SMART details of it? You can get them using https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26387/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Toolbox Intel® Solid State Drive ToolboxWe will be waiting for your response.Regards,NC

BHalt1
New Contributor II

Hello NC,

Thank you for your speedy response. The following requested information is below:

Current BIOS Version : 1902

I am going to upgrade to 2202 now and let you know how that goes.

Current SSD information:

BHalt1
New Contributor II

After Updating the BIOS. The problem persists. I think it is worth noting a few things:

1. When I restart the machine, the drive is recognized and everything works just fine.

2. Simply removing the SSD and replacing it, makes it work again 100% of the time.

3. Changing the PCIe slot does not affect the symptom.

I really hope you guys can figure this out. I am quite worried about this issue getting worse.

BHalt1
New Contributor II

I realize now that I may not have given you the firmware version of the Intel 750 SSD. Here it is: 8EV101F0

Model Number of Drive: SSDPEDMW012T4