Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

Intel HD 530, can't update driver in win 7 with Windows update (error 80070103)

idata
Employee

(Automatic translate from italian)

Good morning, I have a pc with intel i7 6700 integrated graphics Intel HD 530.

The driver version installed via Windows Update with Windows 7 is the 21.20.16.4534.

Today windows update suggested that I update the video driver as a major upgrade but was unable to install the update and reported an error I n. 80070103.

Given that when I surf on the internet there are sometimes the flickering and the screen goes black x few seconds, I thought about making the standalone download the latest driver on the intel site but I found that the most recent versions are the no. 15.45.12.4552 of 12.02.2016 and seems older than the one I have already installed.

How can I update the driver?

Thank you

Buongiorno, ho un pc con intel i7 6700 con grafica integrata intel HD 530.

La versione del driver installato tramite windows update con Win 7 è la 21.20.16.4534.

Oggi windows update mi proponeva di aggiornare il driver video come aggiornamento importante ma non è riuscito ad installare l'aggiornamento e mi ha riportato un errore n. 80070103. Premesso che quando navigo su internet a volte ci sono degli sfarfallamenti e lo schermo diventa nero x alcuni secondi, avevo pensato di fare il download autonomo del driver aggiornato ma nel sito di intel ho trovato che le versioni più recenti sono la n. 15.45.12.4552 del 02/12/2016 e sembra più vecchia di quella che ho già installata.

Come posso aggiornare il driver?

Grazie

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello surface64,

In regard to your concern, please try to complete a manual install of the latest graphic driver. First, http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005598.html Uninstalling the Intel® Graphics Driver and Intel® Display HDMI/Audio Driver, and now:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005474.html How to Manually Install a Graphics Driver in Windows 7*

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26404/Intel-Graphics-Driver-15-45- Intel® Graphics Driver [15.45] (Version: 15.45.10.4542 (Latest) Date: 11/9/2016)

My suggestion, if the issue persists, please reply with the model of your motherboard or desktop.

Hope I can hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Angie

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

surface64, were you able to follow the suggestion mentioned above?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes, but when i uninstall the driver and then reboot the OS the driver is reinstalled again in a few seconds. So I do not have time to install the updated driver that you told me to download. Also there is another problem the downloaded driver is in English, while I would like to install in Italian.

Thank you
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello surface64,

I am really sorry to hear that your issue still persists.

At this moment in order to provide you further assistance, could you please reply with the model of your laptop or desktop board model?

As soon as you reply, I will continue with the investigation of your case.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Angie
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

This is my system information of my assembled new pc.

Just this morning windows update has proposed to me again the recommended update for the Intel HD graphics adapter 530.

I upgraded this time managed successfully.

As you can see in the picture, the driver version has been updated, and at the moment I have not seen flickering while navigating through the internet browser.

I take a few days to test the new driver and then I'll write it if I think I have solved the problem.

Thanks for the support.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello surface64,

In regard to your concern, the latest signed graphics driver it is the version .4542.

You can try to install this one:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/it/download/26404/Intel-Graphics-Driver-15-45-?product=88345 Intel® Graphics Driver [15.45] (Version: 15.45.10.4542 (Latest) Date: 11/9/2016)**It is in Italian

If the issue persists, could you please confirm if the model of your board is the H170-PRO, from ASUS?

Best regards,

Angie
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Angie,

The version of driver that you can see in the upper picture it is came from Windows Update and is in italian.

I try to update the driver in the way you suggested but for the reason i wirite above i can't able.

The version number are different, but why?. Intel start with 15.... WU start with 20...... It is a little bit messy.

But anyway, now i test this version, because the problem apper to be solved.

I confirm to you the motherbord model H170-PRO, from ASUS.

Best regards,

Giancarlo

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello surface64,

Thanks for the confirmation.

In regard to your concern, you can go to the following link:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005654.html Understanding the Intel® Graphics Driver Version Number

There you will be able to find helpful information.

As you have mentioned that your issue seems to he solved, if you have any other concern, please do not hesitate to let me know if you need my assistance.

Best regards,

Angie
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Angie,

the link you submitted is very helpful, now i undestand. Tank you

surface64

0 Kudos