Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Increasing Default Person Tracking Stream Resolution

MMich26
Beginner

Hi,

I am trying to expand upon the Person Tracking capabilities in the base SDK in C++. Currently have the module enabled, however, I can't figure out how to adjust the default resolution. It is stuck in 320x240.

Does anyone know how to change the resolution and boost it to 640x480? I am currently looking through these files, but haven't had any luck:

# include

# include "pxccapturemanager.h"

# include "pxcsensemanager.h"

# include "pxcmetadata.h"

# include "util_cmdline.h"

# include "util_render.h"

# include

# include "pxcpersontrackingmodule.h"

# include "pxcpersontrackingdata.h"

# include "pxcvideomodule.h"

# include "pxcpersontrackingconfiguration.h"

# include "pxcmetadata.h"

# include "service/pxcsessionservice.h"

# include "PersonTrackingFrameRateCalculator.h"

# include "PersonTrackingRendererManager.h"

# include "PersonTrackingRenderer2d.h"

# include "PersonTrackingProcessor.h"

# include "ProfileSetMap.h"

Michael

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting us. Let us try to help you.

I'm wondering if you're using the latest SDK, is this the case? Be aware that in the latest RealSense SDK, support is no longer available for the R200 (that in case you're using this camera specifically). So my suggestion would be to go back to the R2 2016 release. Also, given this module is in "Preview" state, its behavior might not be completely stable.

Now, regarding your issue with the resolution, looking at the at the SDK documentation (sdkdevguide.pdf) it is said that when changing the stream configuration you shouldn't hard code the setting, but use the SenseManager to auto-negotiate a working configuration. Have you tried creating a SenseManager instance? Check this link https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v1.1/documentation/html/pxcsensemanager.html https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v1.1/documentation/html/pxcsensemanager.html.

I hope this information helps you.

Regards,

-Pablo
MMich26
Beginner

Hi Pablo,

Thanks for the help! I haven't upgraded to the newest SDK, so yes I am still on the R2 2016 release. I have a working setup and everything with the R200 camera, and have been trying to recreate a simplified version of the C++ PersonTracking example included in the SDK sample browser.

I am using the sense manager, but through some experimentation it seems when calling the EnablePersonTracking() method before initializing the pipeline, the camera resolution (RGB and Depth) is automatically configured to 320x240. Without calling EnablePersonTracking(), both streams operate at maximum resolution (but of course the PersonTracking does not work). Do you happen to know if this is a hardware/SDK/module restriction, or is there actually a way to increase the resolution? I only want to do so because I figured it would increase the PersonTracking algorithm's robustness.

Michael

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Michael,

You're welcome! I believe this is a module limitation/restriction. Given it is in Preview state, much of the main features from other modules might not be present or available for Person tracking.

Regards,

-Pablo
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Michael,

I'm wondering if you have any other question about this case, please let us know and we will be glad to help.

Regards,

-Pablo
0 Kudos
MMich26
Beginner

Pablo,

Thanks for answering my question! I will be working heavily with this person tracking module for a school project, so any understanding of how it works is very helpful. I have been reading through the online SDK documentation, and while it helps with the understanding the interactions and method calls, it doesn't really explain how the module itself works.

I don't know if this is proprietary info or something, but since the module is depracated, would there be anyone to talk to for a further explanation of the person tracking module?

Thanks again,

Michael

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Michael,

I'm not sure if this is a possibility due to all support for RealSense being handle in the Community or via email. However, I will ask if there's any possibility to get someone to talk to you about this topic. I'll get back to you soon.

Regards,

-Pablo
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Michael,

As I mentioned you last time, at this moment any other support different from opening an email ticket or opening a thread in the Community is not available. However, feel free to post your questions and we'll be happy to help you.

Kind regards,

-Pablo
0 Kudos