Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

netwsw01.sys is causing BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, I updated to latest driver but again BSOD

NGrub
Beginner

Hi,

I got a BSOD from netwsw00.sys, so i updated the driver, now I get BSOD from netwsw01.sys DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

Attached please find the 2 minidump files ( netwsw00.sys,netwsw01.sys).

My system is up to date with the latests updates and drivers, I also run diskcheck and everything is OK.

Please help me solve this issue, I get BSOD every few hours.

Thanks,

Ng

0 Kudos
8 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

nge,

Thank you for the dump files. We will take a look.

Can you provide what wireless adapter do you have?

Is it the one installed by factory or did you install it later?

0 Kudos
NGrub
Beginner

Hi,

The wireless adapter - Intel Centrino Advanced N 6205.

Thanks,

Ng

0 Kudos
NGrub
Beginner

Installed by factory, thanks

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

nge,

What computer do you have? Is it a laptop or a desktop? Have tried to contact the computer manufacturer: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support Websites first and see if they have any solution availble since the wireless adapter is native to this system? check with them first and then let us know so we can move on into the next step.

0 Kudos
NGrub
Beginner

Hi,

It's a Lenovo x230.

I've had this computer over a year with no BSODs.

I downloaded and installed (after uninstalling and deleting) their recommended driver software, and got BSOD again (netwsw01.sys).

Don't know what else to do.

Thanks,

Ng

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

nge,

What did your OEM say abaout it?

Did you try to clean uninstall the drivers and then try the drivers from the OEM? Should you experience the same issue after a clean uninstall and then re-installing again you may try the following:

Download and save the drivers for the Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6205 according to your OS: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/59471/Intel-Centrino-Advanced-N-6205-Dual-Band Drivers & Software

1. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".

2. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6205 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

3. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

4. Reboot or scan for hardware changes, then uninstall and delete any older driver versions as you did for the Wireless adapter.

5. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.

0 Kudos
CChek
Beginner

Also having the same problem same card as well Centrino Adv-N 6205 on win7. going to try your suggestions will post back on results also. Also not sure if this is relative but you have adv-N drivers posted in 2016 but intel autodetect keeps on telling me a version from over a year ago is the newest one. when clearly... https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25510/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-7- Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows 7* shows otherwise.... so which should we be using?

addendum: Also no OEM software for me this is a add-on PCI-E card Product code: 62205ANHMWDTX1. followed your steps found apparently several drivers installed had to re-scan for HW changes several times and removed drivers twice to get to the 'unknown hardware' step. Installed latest by Intel's driver page will keep updated as to if this solves the issue for myself.

0 Kudos
CChek
Beginner

well after a week without issues.... blammo BSOD out of nowhere..

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 1000007e

BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005

BCP2: FFFFF880056C2E8C

BCP3: FFFFF8800A7DF588

BCP4: FFFFF8800A7DEDE0

OS Version: 6_1_7601

Service Pack: 1_0