Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Resolution support for i5-7200u HD620 via DVI adapter

MRing2
Beginner

I'm trying to attach a monitor with 1440p resolution and only DP and DVI ports to an ASUS Zenbook UX330UAK, which only has a micro-HDMI port. I've bought a micro-HDMI to DVI with dual link support and hooked it up to the monitor with the same high-speed/dual-link DVI that had successfully supported the monitor when hooked up to my desktop. The top resolution seems to be 720p, however. I've upgraded to the latest generic Intel drivers, and then downgraded to the old ones available from ASUS, nothing seemed to make a difference.

Is the problem related to using the DVI adapter? I saw in a post about HD4600 Intel graphics that dual-link DVI is not supported, with a resolution cap at 720p. Is there any solution that'd work? HDMI to DP adapters are active and expensive. Would a USB 3.0-connected hub/dock with DVI or DisplayPort out work?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello Ringold,

Thank you for joining the Graphics community.

Based on your description, yes, it seems related to the video adapter you are using. Regarding your questions, I would like to let you know Intel does not recommend video adapters, converters, splitters, hubs or docks since these can affect the resolution and quality that the graphics controller can provide; therefore, from my end there is no information on which adapter configuration will work. But, in case you have to use them I personally recommend the high quality and active units. It's possible that your computer manufacturer can provide a list of tested adapters for this specific model.

For more information on the resolution for this platform visit: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/core/7th-gen-core-family-mobile-u-y-processor-lines-datasheet-vol-1.html Datasheet, Vol. 1: 7th Gen Intel® Core™ Processor U/Y-Platforms

Regards,

Amy C.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Ringold,

Thank you for joining the Graphics community.

Based on your description, yes, it seems related to the video adapter you are using. Regarding your questions, I would like to let you know Intel does not recommend video adapters, converters, splitters, hubs or docks since these can affect the resolution and quality that the graphics controller can provide; therefore, from my end there is no information on which adapter configuration will work. But, in case you have to use them I personally recommend the high quality and active units. It's possible that your computer manufacturer can provide a list of tested adapters for this specific model.

For more information on the resolution for this platform visit: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/core/7th-gen-core-family-mobile-u-y-processor-lines-datasheet-vol-1.html Datasheet, Vol. 1: 7th Gen Intel® Core™ Processor U/Y-Platforms

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/116543 Ringold, hope the information posted above was useful.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
MRing2
Beginner

Sort of, it passes the buck to ASUS in my case, since other users of the same adapter achieve 1440p that leaves ASUS. Thank you

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/116543 Ringold, sure you're welcome.

If you have more questions regarding this or any other matter, please let us know.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos