Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 530 - Screen goes black frequently after removing dedicated GPU and using the Intel onboard GPU

JKrie1
Beginner

So i took out my dedicated graphics card out today (980 GTX) from my MSI Z170A TOMAHAWK motherboard.

For upgrading reasons i now use my onboard Intel HD Graphics 530 gpu, but i have a huge problem.

Every few minutes my screen just goes black and then works again.

The audio and everything still works during that time.

The frequency of this issue increases dramatically when i try to play games like CS:GO.

What is also going on when starting the game, is that before the screen turns black there is static or noise on the screen, like when your television signal gets lost. It is very little but it increases up to a point and then the screen turns black. When i screenshot the screen during that time, my screenshot shows everything perfectly.

So what could be the cause for this issue ?

Did i damage my motherboard during the removal of my dedicated graphics card ?

I have already installed the onbard drivers from Intel and have maxed out the memory setting in the BIOS. I have no idea what to do now.

Please help me out guys.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Jake_762x51,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

I'm sorry about the issue you have experience with your system.

In this case, try uninstalling the driver and reinstall it, please check https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005598.html Uninstalling the Intel® Graphics Driver and Intel® Display HDMI/Audio Driver, once the driver is uninstalled go ahead and reinstall the latest driver, you can download the latest version here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26941/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-46-?product=88345 Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.46]

Also, make sure Windows is up to date and as well as your motherboard BIOS, and set the same resolution on your screen and on the game.

I hope this can help.

Best regards,

Ivan U.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ,

I'm following on this post to ask you if your issue has been resolved or if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Ivan U.
0 Kudos