Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Intel SR300 realsense camera is not working after old version dcm update

AOsip1
Beginner

Hello.

How did it happen:

1) Windows 10 updated and camera stopped to work properly (color stream was not responding).

2) Looking for a solution I ended up with an older version of dcm (the newest version intel_rs_dcm_sr300_3.3.27.5718 is just not working) intel_rs_dcm_sr300_3.0.24.59748 and the installation failed with a return code -15 and a general "unknown error" message.

3) After that the system just can not recognize the camera (unknown USB device), and when connected shows an error message "need more power".

Running on Windows 10 Home (15063.0) with Intel Core i7-4510U CPU and connected via USB 3.0.

IMHO: Looks like the firmware was broken during the process of installation. Maybe there is a way to reset the camera firmware to the factory state, but I didn't find it.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Could you check please whether your Windows 10 has updated to Build 15063 (also known as the Creators Update). The SR300 has been having problems with this Windows version, and Intel and Microsoft are currently working on a fix for it.

You can find out your Windows version by typing 'system info' into the text box at the bottom of your Windows screen (the box next to the button where you shut down the PC). Please select the System Information application, and see what the 'Version' section of it says.

0 Kudos
AOsip1
Beginner

The problem took place after the windows update. So yes it's build 15063 and the problem is with the old dcm firmware update which failed and resulted in not working usb device.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Regarding your question about resetting the firmware: if you have had a working installation on the DCM prior to the error then you should have a file on your computer that tries to reinstall the firmware only (not the RGB, Depth and Virtual drivers) when it is run.

This post describes how to locate the SR300 firmware updater on your PC if you wish to try it.

0 Kudos
AOsip1
Beginner

Thank you for your help.

I've found the directory and the FWUpdateSR300.exe inside it. But it wants some arguments (I think at least a camera device id) because gives me return code -1.

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/d57f5dc9bb967e13ddd7e9b97b2a110d gist:d57f5dc9bb967e13ddd7e9b97b2a110d · GitHub

Here is this program help.

How can I get the correct DeviceID?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

This is the first time I have seen these codes associated with the FWUpdate file, except for the 'force' one (which forces the firmware to update).

I would try using a couple of the codes in the Windows command line interface. First, to check that the camera is connected:

FWUpdateSR300.exe -IsConnected

And then if it is connected, see if the firmware update can be forced.

FWUpdateSR300.exe -force

The command line can be accessed by typing 'command' into the same box at the bottom of the Windows screen.

0 Kudos
AOsip1
Beginner

It says "Camera not connected" (but it physically is via usb) and does not want to do any command (also -force since camera is not connected)

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Is the camera and its drivers listed in the Device Manager?

If it is plugged in and shown in the Device Manager but you are being told it is disconnected, this could be related to the Build 15063 of Windows and the ongoing issues for RealSense cameras caused by it.

Power fluctuations in the USB ports are another cause for non-detection, which can be fixed by plugging the camera into a mains-powered USB hub instead of plugging it directly into the PC. I have seen cases before where a camera worked fine for a while until a Windows update took place and then it suddenly couldn't be detected.

0 Kudos
AOsip1
Beginner

It was listed before the last dcm installation, but now it's just an unrecognized usb device.

I tried the powered USB 3.0 hub (via the monitor) and it didn't help.

I have seen cases before where a camera worked fine for a while until a Windows update took place and then it suddenly couldn't be detected.

This is exactly how it happened, but after that I decided to try older dcm and "bricked" the camera.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Your camera does sound bricked if it is now an unrecognized device, sadly. If it has been less than 90 days since you purchased it, you can return it to Intel.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/emerging-technologies/intel-realsense-technology/000023505.html Refund Process for Intel® RealSense™ Developer Kits

0 Kudos