Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Intel RST and Data Storage Drive

DBren6
Beginner

I'm using Windows 10 64 bit with an M.2 Boot Drive. My moterboard is a Z270 with a Kaby Lake i7 7700K CPU. I have Western Digital Gold Hard Drive 2TB for my Storage Drive. Question is if Intel RST can be used with my WD Gold Drive. I know that Optane Memory is out, but I can't seem to find if I can use a standard small SSD to speed up my WD Gold 2TB with Intel RST Technology. My Motherboard is an ASUS Maximus IX Apex. Just wondering.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello BigDDesign,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

In this case, for you to have this option available in the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology you will need to have the BIOS configured as RAID mode, if you don't have the bios set to RAID mode, then to have this option available you will need to reinstall the operating system with the BIOS set as RAID mode.

If you system is set to RAID mode already, all you need to do is to launch the IRST and then click the acceleration button and follow the steps. You can take a look at the https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005501.html Intel® Smart Response Technology User Guide

Please bear in mind that you will need a SSD 2.5 to accelerate it.

Best regards,

Ivan U.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ,

I'm following on this post to ask you if your issue has been resolved or if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Ivan U.
0 Kudos