Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4877 Discussions

i219-v limit to 10mbps

idata
Employee

Hello,

I've installed a new PC with Windows 10 Pro x64 on M/B Gigabyte H170M-D3H. The ethernet adapter is intel ethernet connection i219-v. Current drivers are 12.15.23.1. The problem appeared with previous version of drivers also.

The problem is that my internet is now limited to 10mbps, when my true speed suppose to be 100mbps. My previous PC was connected to the same LAN socket with the same cable and with speed 100mbps.

• I've tried to connect the cable to laptop, and it also has 100mbps, so the problem is nor the router, neither the cable.
  • I've tried to manually set Duplex&Speed to 100mbps Full and Half - with both options the negotiations fails and appears "cable disconnected'.
  • Auto-negotiation make the speed be 10mbps.
  • I've set in BIOS the speed to 100mbps Full - didn't help.
  • I've tried to disable/enable the device.

All my attempts failed and I can't speed up to 100mbps.

Please help!

Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi rainbringer,

Thank you for the post. As this is an onboard NIC On Ggiabyte board, have you tried check if they have newer driver version that could be of help. You may also try the Intel driver from our website but we cannot guarantee 100% compatibility

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=82186

Please ensure the switch has the same configuration when you tried manually set Duplex & Speed to 100mbps or in auto-negotiation mode.

Try to adjust the flow control setting in the advance tab of the network adapter to see if this will make any difference.

Thanks,

wb

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi rainbringer,

Good day. Please feel free to update me if you have tried the suggestion or you may contact Gigabyte the board manufacturer for support in case you have not done that. As this is an onboard NIC, it is recommend to use customized driver from the board vendor. Here is the website regarding OEM NIC support

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products/000006628.html?wapkw=oem+network

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

I've found out that the problem was in incorrect connection of the in-wall

cable to the LAN socket. After rewiring, the problem disappeared.

Thank you

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi rainbringer,

Thank you for the update and I am glad the problem disappeared.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos