Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

FIFA 17 crashes after i click play button. Intel (R) HD 4600.

JJasp
Beginner

Hello dear helpers/readers,

today i finally managed to complete the installation of FIFA 17 on my computer via Origin. but there is a problem,when i click on the play button of the launher it automatically crashes after a few seconds.

i think i know where the problem is but i am not entirely sure, i think that it is my video card because you need for a minumum to play the game:

-NVIDIA GTX 460

-AMD Radeon R7 260

because i dont have both of these video cards i think thats the problem.

and my question is is FIFA 17 actually playable with my Intel (R) HD 4600 video card?

for sure here re my PC Specs:

Processor

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200M CPU @ 2.50GHz

Manufacturer

Intel

Speed

2.5 GHz

Number of Cores

CPU ID

BFEBFBFF000306C3

Family

Model

3C

Stepping

Revision

Memory

RAM

8.0 GB

Video Card

Video Card

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

Manufacturer

Intel

Chipset

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

Dedicated Memory

16 MB

Total Memory

1.8 GB

Pixel Shader Version

Vertex Shader Version

Hardware T & L

Yes

Vendor ID

Device

Plug and Play ID

VEN_8086&DEV_0416&SUBSYS_FA821179&REV_06

Driver Version

Operating System

<div class="col-lg-4" styl...
0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello LogicalFun07:

In regard to your inquiry, the best way to find out if the Intel® HD graphics 4600 controller supports Fifa 17 will be by actually testing it, on the following link you will find the latest version of the graphics driver for that controller, please install it, it is version 4501:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26229/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen-?product=81496 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26229/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen-?product=81496

Remember that when you use a video card, the onboard graphics that came with the processor get disable automatically.

So, if you are using a video card, then the best thing to do will be to look for the latest graphics drivers of that video card, on the manufacturer's web site.

Also, if this is a laptop, you can always check with the manufacturer of it, in order to verify if they have a specific graphics driver for it.

If after trying the steps above, the PC shows some kind of problems while running Fifa 17, then as you mentioned before, the next thing to do will be to get any of the video cards you listed previously, in order to play the game properly.

Any questions, please let me know.

Alberto

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello LogicalFun07,

I would like to let you know that we just released a new BETA driver that should fix the issue with the players missing heads. Since it introduces improvements to the code, we would like to check if it also fixes the crashing issue you reported.

This BETA driver can be downloaded from here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26347/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40- Download Intel® Beta Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.40]

Please give it a round of test and let us know your feedback.

Kindest Regards,

0 Kudos