Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Problem of Dual Band wireless AC 7260 on win8.1

hZ1
Beginner

Hi all,

I am having an issue with my brand new thinkpad new x1 carbon. I am running win 8.1 64bit version. The problem is that whenever i restart/shutdown my pc, it does not have wireless connection any more. In the device manager, it shows a yellow ! saying:This device cannot start (code 10) {operational failed} But when i disable and re-enable the device(reinstall the driver also works), the wireless connection become avaiable again. Seems that it has some problem at every reboot. My driver version is 17.0.3.2 Looking forward to your replys!!! Thank you!!
0 Kudos
11 Replies
JJens7
Beginner

Have problems with the same card on my NUC. I have a Asus RT-AC 66U and get 0,7 Mbps on 5 GHz and round 50 Mbps on 2,4 GHz but drops. In the Windows 8.1 device manager/Advanse I can only see 40 MHz, not 80 MHz. AC is 80 MHz. Distance between the NUC and the router is 100 cm (40 inch).

Here is the problem when I trye to connect to AC: http://youtu.be/6y1sjOmeOXE Problem of Dual Band wireless Intel AC 7260 on win8.1 - YouTube

0 Kudos
JJens7
Beginner

I fix it with a USB-WiFi card I bought 2008. A terrible card when it come out but today with Windows 8 automatic download driver its a nice one. Better speed and reliability then Intels new AC 7260. Only 5GHz N but good speed like 70-90 Mbps

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Did you guys try updating the system BIOS or AP's firmware?

BIOS updates for some of the latest Intel® NUC models provide new power management settings.

There is also the option to disable uAPSD from the wireless driver's advanced properties tab. However, I am not completely sure but it seems that the issue iamnotakiwi has is not the same as the one stormense has.

0 Kudos
hZ1
Beginner

thanks for your reply. I have updated the BIOS, it doesnt seem to solve any problem... what do you mean by AP's firmware? how do i do that?

I have also tried to disable uapsd, no hope at all.

I have tried any possible solution i could think of, updating all the windows updates etc... none of it solve the issue...

any other sugguestions you guys can think of, please let me know!

Many thanks!!!

0 Kudos
hZ1
Beginner

I have downloaded the intel trouble shooter, and here is the result, hope it will shine some lights!

<span style="color: # 000000; font-family: Times New Roman; font-size:...

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I meant you can try updating the router's firmware. I will check about the log.

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-006321.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Access Point (AP) firmware updates may resolve wireless network issues

0 Kudos
hZ1
Beginner

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your consistent support. I donubt it is the problem of the router, coz no matter which router i connects to(home, work, starbucks), the problem persist.

Hope that you will have clue from the logs.

P.S. i searched through microsoft communities, I found quite a few similar issue reportings, but sadly none of them give a promising solution...

thanks

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I see you have the latest driver but did you try uninstalling it and reinstalling it. This issue seems to be mostly related to software corruption somewhere.

You can also try repairing the TCP/IP stack: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357 How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility

Let me ask, did this work properly before? If yes, what changed?

0 Kudos
hZ1
Beginner

I tried to install/uninstall the driver for many times, didnt solve the problem.

i wasnt able to reset the tcp/ip stack(running as admin):

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]

(c) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\windows\system32>netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

Resetting Interface, OK!

Resetting Neighbor, OK!

Resetting Path, OK!

Resetting , failed.

Access is denied.

Resetting , OK!

Restart the computer to complete this action.

C:\windows\system32>netsh int ip reset

Resetting , failed.

Access is denied.

There's no user specified settings to be reset.

C:\windows\system32>

I doubt i have changed anything, this is a brand new laptop with minimum configuration, i even tried to reset everything to factory setting. but the problem still exists.

not sure what i can do.. maybe install win7 instead?

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Unless your system is part of a domain that restricts this type of access, such result from the netsh command indicates the possibility of a tainted or corrupted operating system.

How did you restore your computer to factory settings? Was everything else deleted after such process? If the answer is no, there is a chance of virus in your system, otherwise it could be hardware related.

0 Kudos
PCorm
Beginner

I have never seen such a collection of bad advice and complete misunderstanding of the question asked. Update the router firmware when your driver is not loading?? Complete malpractice.

Stormense: Please don't post anything ever again. Thank you.

0 Kudos