Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics control panel not opening

sHarr13
Beginner

i had optimized my graphics on the intel HD graphics control panel earlier on when i got my laptop but now when i tried to optimize my graphics again i opened the control panel and it appeared to be initializing but it soon disappeared and did not open the control pane; and when i try open it from the start menu or from a folder a message is displayed stating that GfxUI.exe is missing HELP ME PLEASE! im running windows 8.1 with intel core i5 on a Samsung ATIV Book 2!!

1 Solution
CN2
Novice

I had this same problem with a Dell laptop running Windows 8.1 and it was driving me crazy!

I think at some point, I had the laptop connected to a TV via HDMI, and opened the Intel Graphics control panel on that screen. After I disconnected from that TV, the Intel Graphics Control Panel would open up, but be completely invisible and inaccessible.

Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help... NOTHING worked.

I DID manage to get it back, however, and I hope this works for someone else here...

Find the shortcut you're using to open the Intel Graphics Control Panel... Right-click on it and choose "Open file location." That will take you to the shortcut file, or possibly the Control Panel .exe file itself. If you get to the file itself, stop here and skip to the next step. If all you see is the shortcut, right-click again and choose "Open file location" a second time. You should now be in a folder something like:

C:\WINDOWS\system32

And you should see that a file called: GfxUIEx.exe is highlighted. That's the control panel you're trying to open. On my laptop, I also saw a file right next to it called Gfxv2_0.exe. Just out of curiosity, I double-clicked that file, and magically, the Intel Graphics Control Panel finally showed up again!!!

I was also connected to a different TV via HDMI at the time that it fixed my problem, but I can't tell if that had anything to do with it.

Hope this solves some people's frustration with this!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for joining the graphics community.

I am sorry to hear that have had issues with Intel graphics control panel.

This problem appears to be a driver corruption. You may try to remove and reinstall any Intel(R) Graphics Driver from control panel and then reinstall the driver

Please filter by operating system version and try to install the driver when it finishes downloading, to verify that your system will accept it.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Laptop+graphics+drivers&ProductProduct=3rd+Generation+Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2%84%A2+Processors+with+Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics+4000&ProdId=3712&LineId=1101&FamilyId=39 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Laptop+graphics+drivers&ProductProduct=3rd+Generation+Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2%84%A2+Processors+with+Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics+4000&ProdId=3712&LineId=1101&FamilyId=39

Allan.

0 Kudos
CN2
Novice

I had this same problem with a Dell laptop running Windows 8.1 and it was driving me crazy!

I think at some point, I had the laptop connected to a TV via HDMI, and opened the Intel Graphics control panel on that screen. After I disconnected from that TV, the Intel Graphics Control Panel would open up, but be completely invisible and inaccessible.

Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help... NOTHING worked.

I DID manage to get it back, however, and I hope this works for someone else here...

Find the shortcut you're using to open the Intel Graphics Control Panel... Right-click on it and choose "Open file location." That will take you to the shortcut file, or possibly the Control Panel .exe file itself. If you get to the file itself, stop here and skip to the next step. If all you see is the shortcut, right-click again and choose "Open file location" a second time. You should now be in a folder something like:

C:\WINDOWS\system32

And you should see that a file called: GfxUIEx.exe is highlighted. That's the control panel you're trying to open. On my laptop, I also saw a file right next to it called Gfxv2_0.exe. Just out of curiosity, I double-clicked that file, and magically, the Intel Graphics Control Panel finally showed up again!!!

I was also connected to a different TV via HDMI at the time that it fixed my problem, but I can't tell if that had anything to do with it.

Hope this solves some people's frustration with this!

SAnch
Beginner

Your solution WORKED! I've been having the same problem after refreshing my PC, and I was going crazy looking for a solution. I can confirm that your solution worked (at least for me.) Thank you for sharing your knowledge!

Cheers~

AKras5
Beginner

Thank you dude!

You help me so much!!!

Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Great, nice to hear this has worked for your computer

Allan.

0 Kudos
User1584031740167505

Thank you so much, was mosr frustratung experiencceing this for a few weeks. The above solution worked. Gfxv2_0.exe opened flawlessly, no crash, no freeze.

0 Kudos